cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mrytle Beach Area Rv Parks

Easy_four
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking stopping in the Mrytle Beach area on way home from Florida.

Looking for recommendations for a rv park with big rig access the first week in April.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
routeforty wrote:
Just spent a month at Myrtle Beach, and while there drove through a couple of campgrounds. I think Lakewood and Oceanlakes. In my opinion they were ok, but I thought the trailers were jammed in way too close for me. They are huge though. We stayed in a hotel. Oceanfront, 2 rooms, full kitchen, 2 bath, 2 balconies, great view for less than half of what it would have cost to stay in one of the campgrounds. After the first week when we complained about the smokers they moved us to another room and put us in the snowbird program-potlucks, movie night, card games, bingo-just like CGs have.

Was that at Sea Mist? And how was it? We were thinking of renting a two or three bedroom unit for a month or two next year and rotating family through.
Yes, sent you a pm. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airdaile wrote:
Ocean Lakes, but only if you can get a site on the very end by the beach. There's something like 1100 sites there and the place is a zoo.

LOL, Sounds Wonderful....thanks for posting.:B
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
routeforty wrote:
Just spent a month at Myrtle Beach, and while there drove through a couple of campgrounds. I think Lakewood and Oceanlakes. In my opinion they were ok, but I thought the trailers were jammed in way too close for me. They are huge though. We stayed in a hotel. Oceanfront, 2 rooms, full kitchen, 2 bath, 2 balconies, great view for less than half of what it would have cost to stay in one of the campgrounds. After the first week when we complained about the smokers they moved us to another room and put us in the snowbird program-potlucks, movie night, card games, bingo-just like CGs have.

Was that at Sea Mist? And how was it? We were thinking of renting a two or three bedroom unit for a month or two next year and rotating family through.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out the two state parks near Myrtle Beach. MB State Park, and Huntington Beach State Park. The latter has a brand new section that is full service and fairly close to the beach.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Lakes, but only if you can get a site on the very end by the beach. There's something like 1100 sites there and the place is a zoo.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Not in Myrtle Beach, not even close but....

This was always a favorite stop on the way to and from Florida,

James Island County Park

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Lakes Family Campground on US17. Or, it's neighbor Lakewood Camping Resort. Both on the beach.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Lots to choose from.... our favorite "go to" is Myrtle Beach Travel Park..

clicky
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet