cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach Suggestions

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now we are on to planning the next vacation for the summer and are considering Myrtle. I personally have never been there. Last year we did Cherrystone in southern VA based on recommendations and it was a great time so looking to the forum again. This trip is a bit different than most others we take. It includes my parents and my sister and her 4 person family. None of them have an RV or do much camping, so for this trip every year we look for a place that has nice cabins. There will be 5 kids with this crew ranging from 4 to 13 in age. So.. While my immediate family are more "mountain" camping types, we do enjoy the beach and it tends to go over better with the whole crew.

Myrtle beach looks like a fun location. Through a quick google search the KOA looks nice (wooded but close to the beach) and I see a place called Pirateland which appears to be huge and right on the beach. Any thoughts? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ended up booking Carolina Pines for the family in July. 2 cottages for the family and a pull through site for us. Not exactly "roughing it" ha! But looks like a place the kids will enjoy. Thanks again all!

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
It doesnt shock me that there is atleast one vacancy as our motorhome sits on the wrong side of a closed border. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
kfp673 wrote:
Thanks all. Love the state park idea but the cabins are sold out most of the summer. I was shocked there were still a few RV sites open in the summer. Here in PA you need to book almost a full year out these days to even have a chance at a state park full hookup site. Thanks again. We will look through all of these.

Thanks for the info. I just booked 4 nights in late April.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
jayco304 wrote:
Lakewood (on the beach)
OceanLakes (on the beach)
Pirate Land (on the beach)
Carolina Pines (not on beach but has a beach club - new and has really top notch amenities)
Daddy Joes (nice but a pretty good drive to the beach if beach is your priority)
Willow Tree (no on the beach, super quiet, absolutely huge sites)

Thanks! Carolina pines looks interesting. Out of town but "close enough". Thanks for sharing!

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
Lakewood (on the beach)
OceanLakes (on the beach)
Pirate Land (on the beach)
Carolina Pines (not on beach but has a beach club - new and has really top notch amenities)
Daddy Joes (nice but a pretty good drive to the beach if beach is your priority)
Willow Tree (no on the beach, super quiet, absolutely huge sites)
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks all. Love the state park idea but the cabins are sold out most of the summer. I was shocked there were still a few RV sites open in the summer. Here in PA you need to book almost a full year out these days to even have a chance at a state park full hookup site. Thanks again. We will look through all of these.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Myrtle Beach State Park has cabins and campsites, good walking trails, great beach, fishing pier, close enough to MB so you can do all the shopping or play you could want. Most of the campsites are heavily wooded to provide shade - a big plus in the summer. A few miles to the south is Murrels inlet for fabulous seafood.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Lakes for kids, MBTP for adults. Since you have a bunch of kids, OL is my recommendation. Lakewood (which is adjacent to OL) for a more family (non alcoholic) experience.

We have been going to Myrtle Beach Travel Park for 30+ years on and off.. We enjoy the park, its right on the Ocean, has a pool, lazy river and fishing lake.

They also have rental Cabins shaded, or beach.. and rental RV's as well

We like the area, but it has really gotten "built up" with rentals... If you go to eat at 5:00, you may have to wait 2 hrs.... But we still enjoy the area

This year may be less crowded IF our Northern Border does not open to our friends up North.

Every summer, the campground is probably 30%-40% Canadian folks... That may free up sites that are normally booked in advance
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

fredandkathy
Explorer
Explorer
We really enjoyed Ocean Lakes. It is a bit crowded and busy, but the grandkids had a blast. Just watch our for all of the golf carts.

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you do not mind a little drive time to get to the beach, Daddy Joes Jellystone Park in Tabor City has nice cabins, pools and lots to keep the kids busy and safe. It is quiet at night and not in the middle of the crowd. A half hour and a world away from the hustle and bustle. Beautiful sites and nature all around.
We live close to the beach and do not camp there but did stay at all the campgrounds there at one time or another before we moved here and did not enjoy the feeling of being in an unpaved parking lot with sand so full of ashes it is gray. Tried Daddy Joes and it felt like a real rv park.
Whichever spot you choose, enjoy our beautiful area!

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Pirateland lakewood and ocean lakes are all together at the south end of myrtle and they are great parks. Not sure about cabins but pirateland has large wooden canopies at most sites.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Lakes is our favorite