cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New campgrounds in Delaware and Virginia

Rolo2
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard anything about the new campgrounds in Delaware and Virginia? These 2 campgrounds are affiliated with The Castaways in Maryland. I think they are supposed to open this summer.
Massey Landing in Delaware.
Sunset Beach in Virginia.
4 REPLIES 4

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
The Resort at Masseys Landing is privately owned and not affiliated with Castaways or Frontier Town. I tried to load up link to Bluewater developers, Berlin MD
Full timing it since July 2012

bout2buy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm excited to see the finished products, but I can tell you that after having driven by the Masseys Landing site this weekend, I will shocked and amazed if they do in fact open by Memorial day with amenities in place. It's a dirt lot with a lot of pipes and building material laying around at this point.

Still, I'm excited at the prospect of having more local camping options. I am anxious to see how the pricing shakes out. I believe that this group now owns Castaways and Frontier Town/Fort Whaley, along with these locations. I don't mind paying more for good amenities but it gets very hard to convince my husband to camp when we're paying the same rate as the 5 star hotels that I book on priceline.

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sunset Beach is not a new campground. We stayed there many times in February and March on the way South. In the summer it was a rent for the full season only campground. However, it has been closed the past few winters and appears to be under new ownership/management. It appears from the website that they have greatly expanded the number of RV sites and divided the old pullthrus into back to back backins. According to their website, the Sunset Beach campground will open for the Fourth of July weekend.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a friend going to Masseys Landing for 4th of July. Looks nice, its just a little hike to the beach. About 30 minutes to Rehoboth, about 20 minutes to Bethany. They offer a shuttle to a beach, not sure which beach or what cost though. We will likely give them a shot later this year.

Resort style, they will have a pool, private beach on the Rehoboth Bay, deli and restaurant on site... sounds nice.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS