cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newby

Keni
Explorer
Explorer

We pick up our RV on Wednesday,  Grand Design XLS 22MlE.  First camper we have owned in over 30 years.  We use to have a pop up when our children were young that we vacationed with for a number of years.  Time has passed and we are now at retirement age.  Anyone have a suggestion for a snowbird campground in January-February in a warm climate that is affordable.  I understand this maybe too late to book for 2025.  Sounds like many book up a year in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

We prefer the south coastal area of Texas. It has water, greenery, good mexican food and reasonable prices.

- Arizona (and rest of SW) is just brown. we find it depressing not having green. It's nice to visit for a week or two but didn't care for it for longer periods.

- Florida is green but it's expensive and they pack you in very tightly.

If you don't mind 50-60F highs and occasional freezes, the gulf coast is nice and more reasonable.

Boondocking is nice for a few days here and there but it gets tedious to handle fresh and waste water for months.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad

I would suggest the Rio Grand Valley area in Southern Texas.  From McAllen to South Padre Island there are hundreds of very reasonably priced RV Parks and Resorts as well as fantastic restaurants, shopping, night life. The beaches on South Padre Island are amazing.

2010 Suncruiser

naturist
Nomad
Nomad

I don't snowbird either, but from what I hear, the combination of warm and affordable is hard to find, if you want hookups. Boondocking is much more available as well as affordable. It is one of the things that attracts folks to BLM lands near Quartzite, Arizona. But I can offer my best wishes finding exactly what suits.

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II

I myself do not "snowbird" as the Branson MO winters are not that bad. I do have friends that winter in RGV rio grande valley texas, other who go to yuma az. I know there are alot of parks in the RGV so getting a spot should not be a problem.  I think it would be helpful if you would at least give an idea of which part of the country you would like to go to. 

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly