cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no sales tax

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
How many know that Cocopah RV and Golf Resort in Yuma AZ has NO SALES TAX for any money spent on their property?
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN
10 REPLIES 10

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
OK that is probably because the Oneidas depend on cigarette and fuels sale to a much smaller degree than the other tribes.
Turning Stone Gaming and entertainment venture supplies the lions share of their income.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
pitch wrote:
Dutch, which tribes in NY are you referring to? The Onondagas outside of Syracuse,the Cayugas in Seneca County and the Senecas in Salamanca only sell Native branded cigarettes and no ta is charged on them. Last I knew they were about 34 dollars a carton as compared the the legal premium brand at about 80 a carton.
Gas has federal excise only charged,and is priced about 20 to 30 cent a gallon less that "legal"

New York and Oneida Nation Reach Cigarette Tax Agreement
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch, which tribes in NY are you referring to? The Onondagas outside of Syracuse,the Cayugas in Seneca County and the Senecas in Salamanca only sell Native branded cigarettes and no ta is charged on them. Last I knew they were about 34 dollars a carton as compared the the legal premium brand at about 80 a carton.
Gas has federal excise only charged,and is priced about 20 to 30 cent a gallon less that "legal"

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
"register" what?

I didn't see anybody mention buying an RV.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
How many know that Cocopah RV and Golf Resort in Yuma AZ has NO SALES TAX for any money spent on their property?

Add to that There are four states with no sales tax: Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and New Hampshire. A fifth, Alaska, has no state-level sales tax but allows municipalities to impose the retail-level tax. As a result, the average sales tax rate in Alaska is 1.69%.

We do a lot of shopping in Delaware.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
No I didn't know that. But that's all fine and good but in 'many' other states when you get back home to register it that's where you will end up paying it anyway. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
I am not aware of any tribal land that has a state or fed tax imposed on their sales, other than fuel tax.

In NY State at least, some of the tribes have agreed to charge an amount equivalent to the NYS and local sales taxes on cigarettes sold to non-Indians. This pseudo-tax revenue stays with the tribe rather than going to the state. They've also agreed to abide by NYS minimum pricing on cigarettes. They do charge the federal taxes as well, just as they do on fuel sales.
Dutch

Moved from ATC

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I am not aware of any tribal land that has a state or fed tax imposed on their sales, other than fuel tax.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Not that unusual on tribal reservation properties, since most tribes are sales tax exempt for the most part.
Dutch