cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

north east

MX-RV
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all I am wondering what U.S points of interest there are in the north east. we are headed to New Brunswick for a few weeks and I have a little time left over after for a little U.S. exploration (I sheepishly admit I'm quite ignorant of Canadian and American history and major events of the area) and wondered what and where we should focus our attention on. Boston is of interest for me but I'm not sure I want to go that far south. I also think I would like to let the aftermath of the horrible events of this spring settle down and that Boston sounds like a trip of its own as there are about a weeks worth of places I would like to visit while there. thanks
You can take me camping, but apparently you can't make me camp!:S
4 REPLIES 4

MX-RV
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great suggestions and keep them comming Mt Washington is on the list. Possibly lake placid. Fundy is on the list for our inlaw visit the preceding week.
Thanks
You can take me camping, but apparently you can't make me camp!:S

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Fundy National Park in New Brunswick is pretty special.Also Acadia National Park in Maine is too.

Camper_Mama_Bea
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Ticonderoga, on the border of NY and VT. about half day is enough time. It puts you close to Lake George, which is a great destination lake in NY. Lake Placide, just north west of Lake George is a former Olympic site, still has some of the Olympic buildings, and again is a destination area. There are a number of NY state parks in the area that are part of the Adirondacks, if outdoor activities are your preference.

Dropping into Maine is an option. Lots to do and see in Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor area. There was just a post about this area yesterday.

Jaskson, NH is a nice area with the White Mountains/Mt. Washington, enough to do and see for a couple of days.

Just into VT from Fort Ticonderoga area is Ben & Jerry's factor, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, Van Trapp Lodge.

Hope this gives you some things to look up and decide what is of interest to you.
Happy Trails!
Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We've beent to Boston a number of times and there's always plenty to see and do. We stay at Minute Man CG since it's so close to the city. It would be worth your time.