cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Planning a trip to Myrtle Beach

shortycampbell
Explorer
Explorer
We are wanting to go the Myrtle Beach sometime this summer. Is there a place on the beach to stay?
12 REPLIES 12

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach Travel Park would be my pick.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

campnis4us
Explorer
Explorer
We have camped at OceanLakes for many years! It has gotten busier as the resort has grown over the years, but they have conitnued to improve the facility which keeps us happy. I do like Huntington Beach SP even though I've never camped there.
You really will find a good campground anywhere in Myrtle Beach but you are late making your reservations.
2012 Forest River Surveyor 305QT
2005 Ford 250 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
We always stay at LAKELAND Camping Resort mainly because my sister has a permanent house there.. LAKELAND and several other very nice adjoining camp grounds have great access from the I95 side using US301/501 which comes out just a block away from the entrance gate. Myrtle Beach is great RV mecca...

Have driven thru the Huntington Beach State Park just south of Myrtle Beach and really like what I see there. Has both great Ocean Beach access and Wooded camping close to the Beach... All is close enough to do the Myrtle Beach activities..

Roy Ken

Roy, do yo mean LAKEWOOD?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer ocean lakes. It has paved sites (and some not paved). We prefer the paved due to when it rains, it doesn't not get as messy. Plus the sites are pretty level.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
This site has 6 of the big ones and there are 2 state parks.

N.B. While being very nice CGs, The KOA is a couple of blocks off of the each and Willowtree is several miles from the beach.

I like MBTP because it doesn't have as many kids crusing around in golf carts, but the remaining ones are nice parks.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

shortycampbell
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I better get to calling. We are planning on mid to late August. This is our first time going to the beach in our new 5th wheel. We have always stayed at the Crown Reef Resort or Wyndham so we probably want to find something close to either of those as we kinda know where we are at. I will check these places out and see which one we like. Thank you for your suggestions.

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Most have probably booked up or are close to being full but keep checking as spaces open up from cancellations. We booked our July trip at Ocean Lakes in October & spaces were somewhat already limited back then.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
This site has 6 of the big ones and there are 2 state parks.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes there are MANY great places to stay on the beach at Myrtle. PirateLand (our Fav), Lakewood. Ocean Lakes, Myrtle Beach Travel Park, and Apache. Apache being the most dated, and smallest. All are oceanfront CGs. I suggest you stay as close to the ocean as possible. It is actually cooler on the beach, than in the trees.

However, Your biggest problem is that you have waited so late. You will have a heard time finding a good site this late in the year for this summer. You had better call NOW.

Do be careful. Not all the MB CGs are on the beach. I listed the only private ones.
The State park has no sites on the beach, all are a good walk or short drive. It is MOP. There is only ONE reason to go to Myrtle Beach, and that is to look out and see beach.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like Huntington Beach State Park. Some full hookups but hard to get so book early. Not beach front, but just a short walk through the dunes. Close to great seafood.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always stay at LAKELAND Camping Resort mainly because my sister has a permanent house there.. LAKELAND and several other very nice adjoining camp grounds have great access from the I95 side using US301/501 which comes out just a block away from the entrance gate. Myrtle Beach is great RV mecca...

Have driven thru the Huntington Beach State Park just south of Myrtle Beach and really like what I see there. Has both great Ocean Beach access and Wooded camping close to the Beach... All is close enough to do the Myrtle Beach activities..

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Here Just a few posts down on this page. Tons of information in that thread.
1999 Itasca Sunrise