cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recent wonderful trip

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ I always enjoy reading about other RVers trips so here is ours. We took an 11 day vacation beginning at Black Water State Park, WV. Then we spent a few days in Shenandoah National Park, then a few days in Northern Pa in the Alleghany National Forest at a beautiful ANF campground, Willow Bay, then finished at Cooks Forest State Park. We Love CFSP but pet sites are limited and not in the best part of the campground. We no longer have a pet but there are always many sites where pets cannot go, sad. During the trip we saw 3 black bears, 1 bob cat, and multiple deer from the truck. There were bear where we hiked but they stayed away. We heard and smelled their musty smell. We hiked 8 mountain hikes totaling 40+ miles. We love hiking and I was proud that we did it all. Not bad for a couple of old people. We are so blessed to have Nat'l, State Parks and National Forests in this country.
11 REPLIES 11

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Reader1 wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ I always enjoy reading about other RVers trips so here is ours. We took an 11 day vacation beginning at Black Water State Park, WV. Then we spent a few days in Shenandoah National Park, then a few days in Northern Pa in the Alleghany National Forest at a beautiful ANF campground, Willow Bay, then finished at Cooks Forest State Park. We Love CFSP but pet sites are limited and not in the best part of the campground. We no longer have a pet but there are always many sites where pets cannot go, sad. During the trip we saw 3 black bears, 1 bob cat, and multiple deer from the truck. There were bear where we hiked but they stayed away. We heard and smelled their musty smell. We hiked 8 mountain hikes totaling 40+ miles. We love hiking and I was proud that we did it all. Not bad for a couple of old people. We are so blessed to have Nat'l, State Parks and National Forests in this country.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread with an emoji discussion.

This trip sounds fantastic. This is such a great time of the year to travel.

Many years ago our kids used to get a week off every October for Fall Break. Every year it was the same week, the last week that National Parks were open. We were there for closing day/night at various parks over the years and they even locked the gate behind us at Mesa Verde NP as we pulled out in our little popup.

After traveling this same time of year for so long, we started joking that "it's only us, the geezers, and The Germans" (sorry to use that word, but we were young).

All these years later, our kids are grown and it's just the two of us traveling, and somehow "us" and "the geezers" morphed together into one and the same.

No problem at all. I guess we could be considered National Park, State Park and National Forest junkies. We have traveled throughout the country to visit these parks. We always had to visit during the summer until my retirement. I was a teacher then an elementary school principal. Now we normally travel in September. We would like to take another trip in October. My fingers are crossed. ๐Ÿ™‚

dedmiston
Reader1 wrote:

I didn't mean to hijack your thread with an emoji discussion.

This trip sounds fantastic. This is such a great time of the year to travel.

Many years ago our kids used to get a week off every October for Fall Break. Every year it was the same week, the last week that National Parks were open. We were there for closing day/night at various parks over the years and they even locked the gate behind us at Mesa Verde NP as we pulled out in our little popup.

After traveling this same time of year for so long, we started joking that "it's only us, the geezers, and The Germans" (sorry to use that word, but we were young).

All these years later, our kids are grown and it's just the two of us traveling, and somehow "us" and "the geezers" morphed together into one and the same.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
bucky wrote:
The little-known shortcut for adding emojis on Mac and Windows
Click on any text field. Position your cursor in any text field where you'd like to add an emoji. ...
Press Command + Control + Space. ...
Choose your emoji from the list. ...
Click to add the emoji to your text.

Never heard that before. And now I know why. NoNoNannette.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

dedmiston
dedmiston wrote:
Whether the forum software will display them or not is another question though. ??

No cigar. The poop emoji was translated to "??".

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
bucky wrote:
Reader1 wrote:

For jdc1 ๐Ÿ™‚ The little-known shortcut for adding emojis on Mac and Windows
Click on any text field. Position your cursor in any text field where you'd like to add an emoji. ...

Whether the forum software will display them or not is another question though. ??

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right about now, any trip in the outdoors is a big deal.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reader1 wrote:

For jdc1 ๐Ÿ™‚ The little-known shortcut for adding emojis on Mac and Windows
Puma 30RKSS

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
It is amazing how bad bears smell in the hot summer. Here is a photo of the smelly visitors to a friends house in Potter County, PA.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Good for you! You captured the reason we live to rv.:C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the report. Glad you had a great trip!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wish had emoji's on this site. I'd give you a big thumbs up and a heart.