cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV lot OWNERSHIP - deeded lot ownership, live year round

trx680
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Virginia and found out about a community in southern Virginia on Lake Gaston call River Ridge. At this place you can buy lots and place your camper on the lot and even build an addition to the camper. People use it as a vacation place and some live there year round.

So I'm wondering if this is common across the country. I'd be interested in learning more about these, not necessarily in Virginia but maybe the Carolinas. Anyone found any websites dedicated to these ownership lots?
25 REPLIES 25

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Just make sure you get to read and understand all the rules, fees about the place. In reality, you would be buying property in a community managed by an HOA.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just understand fully what you would be getting into.

Double ditto. Some places have property taxes too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
We own our on lot in Key Largo and our park is a "condominium Park"
We winter here and summer in our home in the NC mountains.
Our park is so nice it is next to impossible to get a place for sale here.
We lucked out five years ago and even though we have no intentions of selling, our lots value has tripled in value.
One thing to check on is the taxes. Where we are we just pay county property taxes on the land if the trailer stays on wheels and can be moved

Like others have said, check all the rules, regulations and monthly maintenance fee and if your place is a desirable place, go for it

Can we ask the Name of your park and where it is in Key Largo...if you don't mind giving out this info..Chuck

Guy
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Relatives were looking at a permanent place in a 55+ park and ended up with a nice place. One that they looked at said their adult but under 55 kids could not use it unless they were there also. Deal breaker for them but I am sure a lot of people would be fine with that. Point being make sure you know the rules ahead of time. Jim.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Owned for 17 years in an upscale rv resort in Zephyrhills, FL. Could come and go, rent the site out or sell it outright. No need to be "stuck" there just because you own it. Just understand the POA (Property Owners Association) rules, so there are no suprises.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the longest period youโ€™ve ever been stationary in an RV park? Cuzz you are going to be stationary.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at a place on Mustang Island outside of Corpus Christi that and the spaces were modified by the owners into some works of art. Nice thing is the rest of us can rent the spaces when the owners are gone.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We own our on lot in Key Largo and our park is a "condominium Park"
We winter here and summer in our home in the NC mountains.
Our park is so nice it is next to impossible to get a place for sale here.
We lucked out five years ago and even though we have no intentions of selling, our lots value has tripled in value.
One thing to check on is the taxes. Where we are we just pay county property taxes on the land if the trailer stays on wheels and can be moved

Like others have said, check all the rules, regulations and monthly maintenance fee and if your place is a desirable place, go for it

Guy

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was looking for something similar in the Valdosta GA area or yearly rental. While I would only live there during the winter it would be nice to have a fenced yard and small shed.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I like to travel around a lot in my RV and if I own the lot I would feel I was stuck there. I have been a full timer for 13 years and I stay at RV Park sometimes for up to 3-4 months bUt am always free to go somewhere else. Personally I would not own a lot.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you get to read and understand all the rules, fees about the place. In reality, you would be buying property in a community managed by an HOA.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just understand fully what you would be getting into.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes it's common
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch