cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rv Park with Pine trees

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions. We would like to get away in June and we are looking for a nice clean RV park with lots of pine trees. My husband loves to sit outside in the pine trees.
We are from Northern Arizona so you can see why pine trees are a nice change. Having a lake and things to do in the area would be a plus. Prefer to stay in the Western states since we will be heading across country to Florida in August.
We are retired so time is on our side. Nice private sites would be great instead of bumper to bumper sites and full hook-ups.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Janet
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
27 REPLIES 27

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of nice places to camp, Forest Service as well as state parks in Idaho too.
1. Bull Trout Lake - Forest Service CG in the Boise National Forest. Two loops - Bull Trout, right on Bull Trout Lake and Martin Lake Loop, on Martin Lake. You would fit in both loops. Check it out on Campendium.
2. For full hookups, there's a small RV park on the Salmon River Byway, Torrey's Burnt Creek Inn. 10 sites and well spaced. In the open, but nice to have the hookups sometimes and not crowded like a couple of little RV parks in Stanley.
3. Various FS campgrounds around Redfish Lake and Stanley Lake, but depending on when you visit, they may be booked. Mid-week is best. A lot of various FS CGs along the Hwy 21 and 78 Corridors.
4. Ponderosa State Park in McCall Idaho.
5. Cascade Lake State Park north of Boise and south of McCall with various units, some with hookups, some dry. Poison Creek has full hookups, but is popular, best time for a FCFS is midweek.
6. Further north is Faragut State Park - full hookups and quite the history there since it was a Naval Base.
7. Even further north is Priest Lake and oh so beautiful. First time we camped there we had a 19' travel trailer. We were by ourselves in October with electric hookups. Water was turned off, but the FS let us fill out tanks in their yard. Then we went back with our 35' fifth wheel (clearly not having remembered the size of the sites), and couldn't fit anywhere. We spent the night there in the overflow parking lot, but still an experience.

What we found is that a lot of FS campgrounds in Wyoming and Montana have electricity, whereas that is the case in Idaho. We often to to Falls CG off the Togwotee Pass in Wyoming. Two loops, one dry and one with electricity. At 9k in elevation, it's nice to have the electricity to ward off the chill in the fall, which is when we travel most.

Enjoy your planning.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of great pine tree campgrounds north of Bishop, CA, along U.S. Hwy 395 but few with full hookups. Oh!Ridge, French Camp, Lower Lee Vining etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
It may be too far this time, but East Texas has some really nice parks with plenty of pine trees:

Tyler State Park
Daingerfield State Park
Bob Sandlin State Park
Atlanta State Park

Brushy Creek, COE, Lake 'o the Pines
Buckhorn, COE, Lake 'o the Pines
2 nice COE campgrounds, Wright Patman Lake

And these are just those in the very Northeast corner of Texas -- about 150 miles east of Dallas. Most not far off I-20.

For what it's worth, east/west around Dallas is easy on I-20. I usually tow at highway speed with no slowdown. I must admit I've never encountered an accident; that would surely cause a slow-down.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about Ancient Redwoods RV park in the redwoods of northern Calif? The redwoods are not quite pine trees -- they are a lot bigger.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
In Northern Arizona is Jacob Lake. There is a nice RV park in the pine trees, but the lake is more a pond, but still nice. It's Kaibab Camper Village.

Thanks, making my list. We have time so I will make a list and try to get to several.
Janet
2012 Equinox tow

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
In Northern Arizona is Jacob Lake. There is a nice RV park in the pine trees, but the lake is more a pond, but still nice. It's Kaibab Camper Village.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions and I have been to all those states on the East, however for this June we want to stay here on the Western states. Mainly looking for RV park suggestions here in western states with pine trees.
Thanks,
Janet
2012 Equinox tow

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
I stayed in an all pine tree campground in northwest PA, never again, it took all summer till I got all the sap off the trailer and truck.
x2. I love trees too, but never park under them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed in an all pine tree campground in northwest PA, never again, it took all summer till I got all the sap off the trailer and truck.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
What ryegatevt said! However, make a reservation SOON.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maine is known as “The Pine Tree State” and on the license plates as “Vacationland”. What more could you want?
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Come to SC as there are many state parks with lots of pine trees.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Come to Washington state! Many of our state CG's stink of them (pun intended).
Lake Easton, Rasar (then walk through Rock Port state park for ancient, enormous, old growth trees), Birch Bay, Lake Wenatchee - just to name a few of our favorites.
Reservations are a must though.