cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saint George Island Florida

twoppods
Explorer
Explorer
I met a Guy about three years ago at SGI and he gave A route from Chattanooga to SGI and we stayed on it all the way and stayed mostly on 4 lanes and no small towns . I know we went thru Atlanta but that is all I can remember .You Guys have any ideals ???
3 REPLIES 3

twoppods
Explorer
Explorer
Guys don't they still have the seafood trailers set up on the roads just has you get on the island . I have been there many times but not lately .The Guy that sold seafood on the left said Him and his Dad caught everything and sold it fresh every day and it was some of the best shrimp I have ever eat . SGI

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
twoppods wrote:
I met a Guy about three years ago at SGI and he gave A route from Chattanooga to SGI and we stayed on it all the way and stayed mostly on 4 lanes and no small towns . I know we went thru Atlanta but that is all I can remember .You Guys have any ideals ???

If you are traveling from Cleveland TN you have a choice of either going thru Atlanta via I-75 or taking I-59 from Chattanooga to I-65 to Montgomery. Either way it would appear that you would go to Montgomery Alabama en route.
We travel from Nashville and use I-65 to Montgomery from there we hit the 4 lane SR-231 all the way into Florida. We get on FL-SR 20 east (south of Fountain FL) and connect to SR 12 south to SR 65 south which takes you to East Point west on 319/89 and out to the island. It becomes 2 lane beginning SR 20 for the rest of the drive. I've traveled several different routes getting out to St George over the years and this one works best for me.

We always stop for fresh seafood to take to camp with us at Lynn's Seafood market in East Point. There is ample room to pull over onto the shoulder just across the street.
"Onward thru the fog!"

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like US 27 (GA 1) does just that. Google Maps shows it very clearly.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."