cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar install in the RGV?

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anyone in the Rio Grande Valley that does solar install? Thanks.

dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan
4 REPLIES 4

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
We are part timers, snowbirds mostly. I think that I want 500+ watts of panel to help charge our batteries during the day. We have a diesel generator that I don't mind running a little. This solar charging would be to keep from running the generator so much and keeping the noise factor down to a minimum. We presently have 6 12v batteries and a 1500 watt inverter. We do have a residential refrigerator, it is an energy star model. Sitting here at home with a kill-a-watt meter on the power line I'm using around one kilowatt hour/24 hour period for the whole motorhome. I want to add solar for winter boondocking in the desert southwest. We have a propane heater which is sufficient heat for us that doesn't require any electricity. We won't be using any microwave, toaster, water heater, or coffee pot off of the inverter. Thanks.

dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dreamer,

You need to understand exactly what you want before you darken the door of a solar installer.

Are you full time or part time?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Some are listed in this link but they are rather far from that area:20 Golden Rules of Solar
But be very careful most RV dealers don't have a clue.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
I see it on some homes and businesses. We get haze, fog and clouds off the Gulf of Mexico so less hours of sunlight than AZ. Our park uses a small solar panel to charge the single battery of our recycling dump trailer and it works well for that limited use.
pawatt