cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stone Mountain Georgia

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Made reservations today for mid July. We will be in one of the red loops, #277 to be exact. I haven't been in about 20 years. Have heard that some of the sites are not level. Any other cons or pros to this CG? Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
We love it there!

This was a pull through that was very level, number 393, the blue loop. as much as I`ve read about sites not being level here, I didn`t see many that needed much if anything. I didn`t need one board to level my trailer and I like it perfect.

Have fun!

393 was the site that we had when we were there. nice spot.
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

Trlrboy
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading out this Wednesday from Dallas to go to Stone Mountain. We expect to get there on Friday and will be there all through next week. We will be in site 327 so stop by and say hello. Hopefully, we will not be the ones with 8" of boards on one side. ๐Ÿ™‚
2010 Montana 3400RL
Chevy 2500HD Duramax

PHOTOLINK

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
bighog01 wrote:
Modern Family, we are also in the Tampa area, how long did it take you to get there?

We did not drive directly there. We stopped in southern Georgia for a couple of days and took the kids to the wild adventures park (nice park).

From stone mountain we went to Gatlinburge, so, we were all over.
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
We were just there last July. Our site was level - and many are. There are some that are not - it's just the luck of the draw.

We liked it there. My only caution to you would be to monitor your voltage. Our visit was in July and it was ungodly hot. With everybody running their A/C the CG voltage was about 10% low.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to go there too and try it out....

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to go there too and try it out....

imadtchmn
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be there from July 3rd to July 7th. Hope spot 306 will be kind of level and long. Our 5th wheel is 33 ft long and another 16 for the truck. If nothing else, we will make it fit :h
1998 Chevy 6.5 TB Dually maxed out for power
2004 Dutchmen Classic 33RLK
DH George
DW Sherry
Dog Lady

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love it there!

This was a pull through that was very level, number 393, the blue loop. as much as I`ve read about sites not being level here, I didn`t see many that needed much if anything. I didn`t need one board to level my trailer and I like it perfect.

Have fun!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Krazykid
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at stone mountain a number of times per year, matter a fact we will be there again over the Memorial Day holiday. Some of the red sites can be out of level, some more than others. We were at site 290 this past February (the only ones in the loop for the weekend) and it required stack of three 2"x6" planks to get the trailer level side to side. We have stayed on site 425 and it was level side to side but it was the first time I ever had the trailer tongue just about on the ground. We have had a couple of sites in the orange loop which the sites are pretty level all around there. Have a great time it's a lot of fun there.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Besides being unlevel, you'll be packed in like a sardine. You will be surprised t how the park has developed in 20 years. We just went this spring for the first in 20 ourselves. It was a jam full two days of activities! Enjoy your trip.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
Modern Family, we are also in the Tampa area, how long did it take you to get there?

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great experience at stone mountain. We were in site 331. The sites were somewhat level. You will need some blocks front to back. We will be back

2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291