Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Report - Clinton Presidential Library and Museum

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer

The Arkansas River from the Big Dam Bridge

Yesterday I went over to the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock. Like other Presidential Library/Museums, National Parks, etc. you might visit, there's an introductory video of some 15-20 minutes. There's also a free tour of about an hour given several times a day. Then there are the exhibits chronicling Clinton's life and Presidency. I watched the video and took the tour. I also spent some time exploring the exhibits.

My visit coincided with an exhibit of Chihuly glass. Dale Chihuly being one of the foremost glass blowers in the world. Amazing stuff!

A full report is available for free on my blog RussOnTheRoad. If you like the blog look for the Follow Russ text entry field and type in your email address to get notifications when I make new posts. It's all free, of course.
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com
11 REPLIES 11

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
RussOnTheRoad wrote:
wbrown62 wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
We also visited the Library a few months ago and rode the bike path that runs right next to it.

You didn't happen to ride the Big Dam Bridge bike ride, did you?

No. I camped quite some distance from there with no way to get my bicycle to the bike path. I rode my motorcycle to the foot of the bridge and walked up. Why do you ask?

Oh, I was asking Dick B. Several months ago, there was a big bike ride in Little Rock. My wife and I wanted to go, but were unable. I u derstand there is an RV park across the river from the library.
2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have seen the Reagan library. Impressive. Appreciate the glassworks as well.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
wbrown62 wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
We also visited the Library a few months ago and rode the bike path that runs right next to it.

No. I camped quite some distance from there with no way to get my bicycle to the bike path. I rode my motorcycle to the foot of the bridge and walked up. Why do you ask?
Subscribe to my blog for photo tips, travel, boondocking, campground, product user reports and more: RussOnTheRoad.wordpress.com

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pic, Russ. I like the info on the bottom of the picture. Maybe one day I'll learn how to do that, too.

Cat Lady
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah Russ, I can see the pic, but I have to either pan and scan it, or shrink my screen resolution to see the whole pic.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out this 'Forums Technical Support' Section......it will help you with resizing all your photos so that they fit the forum page LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RussOnTheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
It would make your post much easier to view if you changed the image size to 640X480 (per the forum rules..).

Sorry you're having difficulty viewing the photo. What device are you using. I have no problem on my phone, tablet or laptop?

Anybody else having that issue?

I didn't realize there was a rule about resolution. Could you point me to it please? I couldn't find any such rule.

Thanks.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
My friends in Washington State introduced me to Chihuly glass art a few years ago. Ever since then, I have been seeing his pieces in the most unexpected places across the country. One of those places was the Clinton Library.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It would make your post much easier to view if you changed the image size to 640X480 (per the forum rules..).