cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

universal studios florida rv camping

peterman1
Explorer
Explorer
going to universal studios Florida in early august any ideas on where to camp. I don't mind paying extra money for a nice place. I have a 35 foot motorhome with three slide. thanks for any advice
9 REPLIES 9

peterman1
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the great responses

pete

chris_in_pa
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Bill Fredrick Park (Turkey Lake) in February when we went to Universal. It's no frills but only 2 miles from Universal. Love Fort Wilderness, but it was a 30 min drive in traffic and cost 3x as much.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Louisa SP is nice about 15 miles north of I4 on Rt. 27. In fact I'll be there in Feb. Universal is in a rather populated area and only has resort style hotels near it.Ft Wilderness is one of a kind if you want to stay on Disney property a little more shade than Lake Louisa as it will be very hot. I'm sure you're use to it though being in Texas during the summer.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
In March we stayed at Tropical Palms and went to Universal Studios. It's not a far drive. Tropical Palms is nice - the pool is very nice. You can buy drinks and snacks. We also liked that you can walk to Old Towne which is a neat place to stroll through. Fort Wilderness is best and I have stayed there. But Tropical Palms is significantly cheaper. We stayed on the grass site at Tropical Palms - still had full hook up but the ground was no where near level. I would stay on the paved section of the campground if I were to stay there again.

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Lake Louisa State Park about 15 miles or so from Universal and Disney Like $20 something a night
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If you're a Thousand Trails member, the Clermont location is decent.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

peterman1
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for responses

Fort Wilderness would be first choice.... If you do not want Disney property... My second would be Tropical Palms.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

kimbo1
Explorer
Explorer
fort wilderness ! the best