cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Universal studios impressions

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Raised covered parking (20.00) for a motorcycle. Easy access to the park. X-ray scanners for back packs etc... Most of the attractions and the waiting areas are indoors with A/C! Fast moving lines, less expensive than disney, first impressions are very positive.
Proud father of a US Marine
4 REPLIES 4

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't impressed with Universal in Orlando. Had been there a couple times in the mid 90s. Went back a few years ago. We waited in line for 45 minutes for the silly Harry Potter "wish we could make a ride as cool as Soarin'" ride. During that 45 minute wait, all I could think was Disney would have done so much better. Lots of fake plants that looked like they came from a dollar store and poorly placed props. Fortunately, the rest of the park was very quiet. We only had to wait in lines at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area.

I enjoyed Universal. The rides are definitely more thrilling, better roller coasters, etc., but the feel is very cheap. We only go to Orlando area attractions in the quieter seasons - October through April avoiding NJ Week, Holidays and Spring Break. We usually don't wait in lines during those time of years except at brand new attractions.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, second day at Universal... This day was for the Islands of adventure area. It was more crowded than the other side of the park that we went to yesterday but, again very enjoyable. They did a great job on the Harry Potter area, and we had a great lunch at "Three Broomsticks" restaurant. Reasonable prices too. 14.00 for a half a roasted chicken, with potato slices, and corn on the Cobb. The chicken was juicy and tender as was the rest of the food. Went on most of the attractions, and had my first "Butter Beer" yummy

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
We enjoyed Universal over Disney when in FL.
IN CA Disney rocks compared to Universal.

Lived in California for 28 years, been to Disneyland over 100 times, yes, i agree, it is much better than universal.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
We enjoyed Universal over Disney when in FL.
IN CA Disney rocks compared to Universal.