cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

View Solar Eclipse

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
I know this is pretty last minute, but the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, IL is located in the path of totality and they are planning special events for the eclipse this weekend. The park has 1,000 camping sites and I just did a quick check of ReserveAmerica, which shows 580 sites still available.

I was at the WSRC competing in the Grand American World Trapshooting Championships last week and spoke with folks from the Sparta Chamber of Commerce, who advised there are lots of special activities taking place over the weekend, including a presentation by Adler Panetarium (Fri. 08/18), a BBQ contest, and commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the filming of โ€œIn the Heat of the Nightโ€ in Sparta.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft
4 REPLIES 4

wyocowboy00
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is Severe Clear as we used to say while flying (perfectly clear) in Central Wyoming. The eclipse is just starting here.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
sunny here.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's cloudy and raining in many areas in IL this morning. We are in central IL and will not be seeing anything.

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
I live and work along rt 13 a few miles from the center line, the media has spun such a hype web about food and gas shortage, and traffic lines beeing miles long it must have scared everyone off, Marion IL looks like a ghost town.

The campgrounds are full but the local business that really stocked up and planed for armageddon are going to lose lots of money.

another star for the media.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also