cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When will you start the flight south?

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious as I am getting itchy feet to head south. Will eventually land in the Quartzsite area but is way too hot still so sightseeing in a convoluted trip down from the Seattle area.

We will arrive around the first of Nov. When do you head south and where this year?
76 REPLIES 76

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quartzsite AZ has seen less RVers for several years. I think fewer retired folks are buying into the RV lifestyle and younger families stay closer to home. Will be interesting to see what this year brings. Travel safe and enjoy!!

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I am already in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and what we are hearing is that less people are visiting this winter. However, many of those that are, plan to come a little earlier than normal, like in late October instead of November. Non-scientific, just word of mouth.

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be leaving for Zephyrhills, FL about the 18th of Oct.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Not leaving until shortly after Christmas. In the future I'm hoping to convince my wife that we should leave earlier, deposit the camper for a few weeks, and then return home for Christmas. This is our 4th year and each one has been for a longer time. Not sure we can do October or November as fall in Michigan is my favorite season, but pulling the 5ver in cold and/or wintery conditions sucks.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Arrive central FL Nov.1 and then go home without the fiver for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or for the politically correct types go home for the holidays and then return till mid April.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

AKsnowcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Leave AK late Sept to Ca coast then AZ by Jan
2014 Dodge 2500 Quad cab diesel
2008 Travelaire TW250
2010 Yamaha Rhino

Yamaha rhino 700

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
Jan 1. We like Thanksgiving and Christmas with kids and grandkids too much to leave before. In addition, the last few years have let us experience a little snow before departure to remind us why we head south. Camp on

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
Already in the panhandle. Will move further south as the weather dictates. Right now we plan to be in Zypherhills by New Year's Day.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
We leave for Florida October 15, taking our time, with arrival on or about November 01.

where do you stay in the Naples area

PM Sent.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
We leave for Florida October 15, taking our time, with arrival on or about November 01.

where do you stay in the Naples area

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check in Oct.27, Tampa, Fl.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

John_I_Haggerty
Explorer
Explorer
Check-in Sept. 9th, Sarasota, FL.
2008 Keystone Cougar 31BHS

2008 Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Inferno Red, Khaki leather, CTD, 68RFE
Trailer tow, Anti-spin, Sunroof, Tube steps, DVD based GPS, etc...

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
Our plan is to leave the 1st of October and go to Texas and back to Casa Grande. Now if we get to go as it is not set yet, fingers are crossed.

chevman

Hope to see you down in Casa Grande again Larry...our turn for the 'gifts'.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Our plan is to leave the 1st of October and go to Texas and back to Casa Grande. Now if we get to go as it is not set yet, fingers are crossed.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We plan on leaving our home base the 2nd week of November to arrive in Casa Grande, AZ a few days before Thanksgiving...just in time for the holiday feast prepared by the Resort's Chef and his staff.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel