cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

within 350 miles of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
This September we will spend a week camping within 350 miles of Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. We have a 36' 5er. Please suggest places you have enjoyed camping within that distance. We are open to many different activities etc.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
16 REPLIES 16

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
We thoroughly enjoyed the North Shore area of Lake Superior from Dulute to Canada. Also the area of northern Wisconsin along the Lake.

Just pick a place you haven't been inside that circle and go. ๐Ÿ™‚
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bad Boy Biker wrote:
Avatan. 40 Miles north in East Bethel. Cleanest pool I have ever been in. We will be there soon.

What a joker

Whether youโ€™re a seasoned nudist or want to experience the freedom it provides, we welcome you to Avatan! Attractive and secluded grounds just 30 minutes north of Minneapolis and Saint Paul offer a safe and beautiful environment for nude recreation.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Nels_Connie
Explorer
Explorer
Bad Boy Biker wrote:
Avatan. 40 Miles north in East Bethel. Cleanest pool I have ever been in. We will be there soon.

I live here and did not know about that one. Have fun!!
(you do know we have mosquitos up here i hope.)
04 SunSeeker 2890

Bad_Boy_Biker
Explorer
Explorer
Ride Safe, Wave, I'll Wave Back.

iagary
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Grand Marais and/or two harbors. We spent a few days in GM last summer and loved it. Summer temps are very nice.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
klr650goldwing wrote:
Perhaps I ought to refine my search.

We just want to travel for one day, hence the 350 miles maximum distance away from St. Paul and Minneapolis. Which direction doesn't matter. We are just hoping to find a place that someone has found and enjoyed. We are actually hoping to find several places like that and then narrow them down by doing more research. I suppose we could just close our eyes and point a finger at a map within the 350 miles, but this method seems like it ought to yield better results.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

Why not mention where you have been within the 350 mile radius. That would help narrow the suggestions to where they will actually be a help.

With that the Lake Superior region is worthy of a visit.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
The city Parks in Grand Marais and Two Harbors are first rate and about 275 from the cities
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
On our only trip that included Minnesota, we stayed at Detroit Lakes at the Country Campground. Entering Minnesota was like a breath of fresh air. We enjoyed both South Dakota and North Dakota, but the forests and lakes of Minnesota were a delightful change.

Highly recommend if you want to enjoy nature rather than theme park activities.

Edit to add a web site of mine:

Minnesota (see next pages)

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps I ought to refine my search.

We just want to travel for one day, hence the 350 miles maximum distance away from St. Paul and Minneapolis. Which direction doesn't matter. We are just hoping to find a place that someone has found and enjoyed. We are actually hoping to find several places like that and then narrow them down by doing more research. I suppose we could just close our eyes and point a finger at a map within the 350 miles, but this method seems like it ought to yield better results.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

Nels_Connie
Explorer
Explorer
Hoyt Lakes city campground
Split rock creek SP,CRP bridge.
Ontonagon Mi.
04 SunSeeker 2890

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Here's a map of the area being considered.

As the above map demonstrates, you could literally spend years camping in an area that large and not see it all. All of MN, all of WI, all of Iowa, parts of six other states and even two provinces in Canada. And you only have one week.

Why not narrow your area of consideration to a state or two or at least a direction from the Twin Cities area? Northern Minnesota's camping opportunities can fill a book. The North Shore, the Boundary Waters, Itasca State Park (where the Mississippi River begins), and on and on.

But the same could be said for many areas and many states and places. Heck, you've got Chicago in within your area of consideration.

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Fall Lake is a Federal campground on the edge of the boundary waters canoe area near Ely,Mn. Bear Head Lake is in the same area and is a state park. If the timing is right the leaves maybe turning color.

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Great Lakes of Iowa, aka Okoboji!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest Door County, WI but it is crowded enough and doesn't need more campers; especially when we are there each August. -)
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)