cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful website - hate it.....

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad

Have been on RV.net for 18 years.  Site was well laid out and easy to use - had some foibles, but nothing major.   

This 'improvement' is diabolical.  Can't navigate very well, groups missing, no way to just have groups you have subscribed to be the only ones in your menu.  I subscribed to the 5th wheel forum and next time I went there the options button was showing 'subscribe; again!  Tried this 5 times and gave up.  Same with other Forums.

I have worked in software for 30 years and am knowledgeable in databases and their front ends.  This system is a made to look pretty and inviting for new members, but for those of us who have been on these sites for years this is a huge backwards step.  Personally, I think that membership is going to drop significantly over a short period of time.  I for one will find another, more user friendly, forum fairly quickly.   This site will lose so many folks who have a combined RV knowledge of hundreds of years.  Such a shame.  YOU RUINED IT!

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website
6 REPLIES 6

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

As a member of IRV2 I can say that like this site they don't allow for tribal groupie bullying.  You will like it there.  They do have extreme information overload that is good for some folks.  I find this site easy to navigate but not  like the RV.Net and they will improve it. 

Bills Dodge Rams and Travel Trailer (14) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpgResized photo of Perkins with N81FC on drill ship - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

Community Alumni
Not applicable

Amen Martyn. I've basically completely bailed already from this forum due to the awful layout and design. They say they're "working on it around the clock" but yeah, a child could make a better forum layout. Lots of us have gone over to iRV2.com

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad

I could not agree with you more, Martyn.  RV.NET has been ruined.☹️

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Hey @DOTLDaddy

We have seen all of your comments about how much you dislike the new community. Do you have a suggestion on things you would like to see changed or added? If you have something to contribute we would love to hear it! 

We are working around the clock to make edits and changes and will continue to for the lifetime of this community. 

Thanks, 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Good luck and goodbyBills Dodge Rams and Travel Trailer (14) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

CWO Bill Perkins with 507th Dustoff hoist helicopter.jpg 4 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Martyn

Thank you for giving our new updated community a chance! We are working around the clock on making changes to the community based on user feedback and have already made several changes. If you have feedback you would like to share with us we want nothing more than to hear it! 

Thanks again and we look forward to hearing back from you. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966