cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I wonder if the site could benefit from a "We're listening post"

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

I know we've all read posts from members who are unhappy by the changes and feeling like their suggestions are possibly ignored. I just stumbled on a post from Admin Evan Seegmiller about the changes they have made since the new forum went live. But unfortunately it's buried in another post and likely to be missed.

Have you considered making a post of some of the things that have been accomplished so far? Kind of like a release notes of changes.  Maybe title it "We're listening" or something to that effect. and in the body say something like:

We are constantly working behind she scenes to make this forum better. But we realize that sometimes it may seem like we're not actively listening and striving to make changes. Based on your feedback here are some of the improvements we've made to date. 

1. Increased the session/logout time from 30 min to two hours. (If you close the browser you will still be logged out)
  2. Increased the time allotted to edit your posts
  3. Re ordered the list of groups to put like groups together
  4. Added TruckCamperGroup 
  5. Added ToyHauler 
  6. Added TowVehicles 
  7. Added InternationalTravel 
  8. Added AroundTheCampfire 
  9. Added Unread Discussions/Posts to the home page
  10. Added My Groups to the home page

We're still working to make the forum better but could use your help and feedback. If you have a suggestion on how we could make it better please add a new post in CommunityFeedback and add an @TeamGoodSam or @evanseegmiller so we can be alerted to the new suggestion. 

I'm sure there are a few other updates that could probably be listed. Then hopefully find a way to make this kind of post a sticky so it can be found at the top and not drift off into obscurity.

One caveat from my work life. I would be cautious about saying what you are currently working on unless you're absolutely sure that it will get released. I've had more than one project that someone up the chain decided to shut it down last minute.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

Bedlam

I do what I can with my limited volunteer moderator functions, but Evan needs to pull many of strings to make changes as the administrator. Some of the requests require the forum vendor to be involved, so be aware we are listening but not all changes are quick or possible.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Thank you @evanseegmiller I look forward to the posting. Also the increased logout and edit timer are definitely very helpful and welcomed. 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

This is what we like to hear! 

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @opnspaces

Great minds think alike! I spent some time this morning crafting a post extremely similar to what you wrote above!  Planning on it going live on the community home page sometime tomrrow. I'll make sure to link it here tomrrow as it goes live. 

I know I say it every time but thank you again for your suggestions. They are always welcome here.