cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding some storage and wire shelving

Boondock_Saint
Explorer
Explorer
I'm removing the dinette and sofa from one wall and I want to use that 18" depth of long wall space for some organizer storage for lightweight stuff.

Look around online at Amazon and The Home Depot etc, I'm still not quite finding the thing I'm looking for.

Has anyone here added some modular rack storage or organizer for shoes, Tupperware, t-shirts, underwear, thing-a-ma-bobs and brik-n-brak?

I'm not stocking to the ceiling with heavy stuff mind you, just a myriad of things I'm not going to have the cabinetry and drawer space space for.

3 REPLIES 3

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, but they are not really fancy. Just light plywood and pine framing -- very basic cabinetry. They have held up through eight years of camping, roughly 75 nights a year on average.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Boondock_Saint
Explorer
Explorer
Them's some fancy cabinets for sure! Thanks for the post and suggestion.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since you have so much "real estate" now available, let me suggest an alternative to wire shelving. You can easily build in your own lightweight cabinets, which will provide you with a lot of usable storage, complete with doors that close to conceal the contents.

I used quarter inch Baltic birch plywood for my floor to ceiling cabinets -- very light and strong. Here is a blog post discussing that project (and others), with a lot of photos -- once you click on the link, search for the word "cabinetry" to jump to that particular project:

Cabinetry

Good luck, and keep us posted on whichever storage solution you select!!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."