cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fantastic Vent 6600 Simplify remote?

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Before I jump into wiring diagrams and such, I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has ever tried what I hope to do!

* I have a fantastic Vent (fan) model 6600 in the bathroom that works great with just one issue....the remote control is just too complicated with too many options for visitors and children.

* While the gazillion settings are nice (?), I would really just prefer one button or switch that would allows the fan to be turned on high.

I have maxxair fans in my other locations that are much easier to use but I hate to replace a perfectly good fan in the bathroom just to get an easier to understand remote control unit.

So.....by any chance, has anyone ever tackled this kind of mod....i.e., just getting into the wiring and replacing the remote with a simple wall switch that would open the lid, turn the thing on high, and back off with no complications?

I know this may be a longshot but just thought I'd check before re-inventing the wheel!
3 REPLIES 3

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information! That is very helpful and will save me from starting from scratch!

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
looking at it further you could use another dpdt switch for the new on-off switch and use the other side of it to wire to the up down lid switch to open it at the same time as the fan is turned on.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
found one wiring pdf fantastic fan looks like you could add a dpdt (double pole double throw) switch to the fan motors wires. the fan wires to center terminals on new switch one side pair of terminals on that switch goes to original terminals on reversing switch the other 2 pair of terminals go to a second new on off switch with a source of 12v power to run the fan. you would have to leave the vent open. there would be 2 new switches 1 switch switches between remote and manual fan the other switch is your new manual on-off fan switch.