cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glied Track drape systems

wileefox
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a Jayco Jay Flight bunkhouse model. The bunks don't have a curtain so my wife wants to hang curtains using the Glide-Track ceiling mount system carried by Camping World. But I have a couple of questions to ask of anyone who has used this product?

First, the ceiling track mounts with screws. I'm a little reluctnat to drill into the ceiling and run screws through. Has anyone tried using 3M tape or adhesive mounting with any success?

Also, the bunks she wants to cover are curved at the entry end, is the Glide Tape system flexible enough to bend and mount in a curve?

Appreciate any suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
No 3m tape is going to be strong enough to hold up a drape track, the weight of the curtain, and the force of it being opened and closed. I would not worry about putting the screws in the ceiling, all the drapery tracks I have seen are mounted this way. Just use short screws.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not exactly sure of the system you are referring to, but we have a Class A motorhome. There is a rubber type track mounted on the ceiling that curves around from the drivers side seat across the windshield and around the other side. The drapes have a clip that slides on this track and the drapes then slide back and forth. I believe that type of track would be bendable. This may be the same as you are talking about - not sure.