cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help finding this DC Outlet

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I love these DC outlets, but cannot find them anywhere anymore.

It mounts flat so no holes or things sticking in or out..

Anyone know a source for this?
15 REPLIES 15

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Is the jack just a 1/4" headphone jack? If it is, search for surface mount headphone jack. Aircraft Spruce has some surface mount housings.

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
http://rvdoctorgeorge.com/
You could check with RV DR George, he is in Sacramento CA
They have tons of stuff and a call to them or an email might produce what you are looking for.
I have been there a few times, and have contacted them looking for older RV items, and they have always tried to help.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Bontragers asked for a pic, they are looking I think, but it has been several days so i do not expect a reply from them.
I AM STILL LOOKING>>>>

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might give Bontragers RV Supply a try. They have about the largest supply of surplus RV stuff I have ever seen. You can wander their various warehouse barns all day and still not see everything.
They are located southern Michigan not far from Elkhart, IN. where most RVs are made.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for asking the RV shop. I have a friend in CA that is near those new-old-stock places, I will see if he can stop by. In GA we have few RV resorces for salvage.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps try a RV salvage yard. Both our Jayco Pop-up and our Rockwood Hybrid TT used those type of 12 volt connectors for bunk-end fans/lights. I'm sure there is a camper or 2 in a RV salvage yard somewhere that have some.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
i did some asking at a couple of rv supply houses and showed them the picture and was told that they were no longer made and they checked with a few of their suppliers to see if they knew of any and the suppliers said they could not locate any.
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Well I tried using google images search and came up with nothing.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have or know someone with a 3D printer, this is the sort of thing that would not be too hard to design and print out a pretty close fascimilie of. If a perfectly smooth surface finish is required, there is some additional effort in finishing (sanding/painting) since 3D printers leave visible little layer lines due to how they build things up.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I should have explained that I know how to do an internet search and have done that and have seen 1,000's
I have not found the one pictured.
Thanks for typing in DC OUTLETS in any search engine and sharing the results, but this does not turn up the desired results.
I have also searched a few auto parts store sites, a few RV parts sites and ebay...
I figure even if it is discontinued that there is still some stock out there.
If someone happens to know of a place to get this, or very similar (bob's link is close) let me know, thanks

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Take your pick...

Surface mount 12-volt outlets
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Not the exact one or color but similar.
12v
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen thousands of other styles.
I am looking for this exact one. There have to be more still out there...

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
Try searching 'surface mount 12v outlet'. While none exactly like you have, there are many options available.