cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I would like to increase my water pressure.

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
We boondock often so we count on our water pump not city water hookup.
In our 316RL the pump is close to the shower and we have an Oxy shower head so no real problem there. The kitchen is a bit of distance though. I will be installing a accumulator soon but I don't think that has much to do with the overall pressure? Would an upgraded pump make any difference?
6 REPLIES 6

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a Shurflo there are a variety of pressure switches available. They provide switches up to 150 psi. Your ability to change switches will depend upon model, motor and the cam your pump came with. The hard part is finding a dealer that has both knowledge and inventory

12rvjoe
Explorer
Explorer
There are water saver devices on the inside of the spout. Removing the one in our shower really helped with the pressure there. Just screw off the threaded end of the spout and there will be a round white plastic piece with small holes in it, remove this and see if it helps. All taps have them now. The shower piece is in between the supply hose and the handheld ....

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
If you increase PSI you need to increase all your tank sizes too. :B

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replace the pump with Aqua Flow or one of the others with specs you like.
Ours came with an Aqua Flow, pump. It is 3.5 gal at 55 psi per literature with coach. It was replaced once, I think and not sure it is the same but it puts out more pressure than many or most campgrounds.
I like it at 60lbs or better at home. Afraid to do any mods to boost it in the coach as many express concern with the flexible piping used in them.
We've seen pressures of 80 lbs at a couple of campgrounds in Ky with no problems though.
We intend to use pressure regulator but one we have was belly up from the get go and to cheap to replace it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Most RV pumps will increase volume but not pressure. You can do a little more pressure by adjusting the pressure switch.
I believe you may just want more volume. Standard pumps are around 2.8 GPM. Larger pumps go about 5.3 GPM (Aquatec) which doeas put out more pressure. Maybe more then some rigs can handle.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, an upgraded pump would make a huge difference. Take a look at what's in your rig and you'll probably see a bottom of the line Surflo. Shurflo makes some good high-end pumps but they usually put the cheap-o one in most RVs.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"