cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pocket Door

71stang99
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone added pocket doors to their fifth wheel? Either single or dual like on 'Star Trek'? We have two that swing into the bathroom and its sort of a pain. If so where did you buy the doors and how hard was it to re-frame the new door and disguise the old hinged door.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Krazykid
Explorer
Explorer
I really wanted to do this project to our bathroom door, cause it would allow us to access the bathroom with the slide in. Everything appeared to fit, with one exception. The thermostat for is in the way and I have no other interior walls to remount the thermostat to, easily at least. I'm so bummed! ๐Ÿ˜ž

71stang99
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing, I am not sure if folding door would fit the bill. Where did you purchase the frame from?

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
we did the same thing to our motorhome bedroom opening. It had one of those awful folding doors - ours was a larger opening so we bought 2 lite weight louvered doors dolled them together and then did much the same as you did to finish it off. It works great and looks likes it was always there.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

fivecodys
Explorer
Explorer
Nicely done!
It looks like it came that way.
Thanks for sharing.

Bill
2007 Tundra DC 5.7L V8
SuperGlide 14K
Prodigy Brake Controller
2009 Flagstaff 8528RKSS Ultralight Series
Air Lift 5000

We have enough youth.......... how about a fountain of "smart"? :S

CaptRick
Explorer
Explorer
I see what my next project is going to be..
Thanks!
2004 F250 6.0
2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite M-260 FS Toy Hauler
1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1989 BMW R100 GS with Sidecar
2005 Suzuki DRZ 400
2006 KTM 450EXC
2015 BMW R1200 GSA

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
FANTASTIC idea!! I have seen a few Cyclones with the bathroom door that blocks the hallway. A retrofitted slider would fix that if the factory doesn't go to a pocket.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I had the same problem and changed my door fron the traditional siwg style to a slider. I had gone to a RV show and found that many new trailers had sliding doors that were not hidden in the wall. They simply slid over the outside of it and they looked fine to me.

My bedroom door swung in front of the bathroom sink and in front of the bath door.

It now slides inside the bedroom area - pic from bd rm side closed:

Door slid open and you can see how it used to block the sink:

Door from living area (open):

Door closed from living area:

I only had to move some trim and hinges, then use a small amount of putty to fill some screw holes. The door handle was removed and replace with closet door plugs which fit the same size hole. The track is a common closet track that I shortened.
In person it looks like it came that way.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Could you convert to folding doors?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)