cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Drain Question

Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
Some of us been here. The fresh water drain valve on my TT is in the middle of said trailer. To drain the tank there is the crawl, limited on getting around. The valve is plastic and slow to drain and threaded into the tank. I haven't had or seen any sign of foreign object damage. Had the thought of removing the valve and using either brass barbed elbow, clamp poly pipe out to the frame, finish with a valve for the pipe, or build the same with PVC? Both are tough enough material for the job. Not worried about being damaged, hasn't happened as yet, and loosing water. Will have a repair if anything goes south. Thanks. This could be help to others.
4 REPLIES 4

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
If you are ever camping where there is a potential of freezing I would recommend avoiding PVC. It cracks easily in frost conditions especially when exposed.

I ditched the plastic petcock and installed a 12" brass sillcock designed with the washer 12" from the outlet so cold has to penetrate 12" into the insulated & heated belly before finding any water to freeze.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. As I had thought any way will work. Getting ready to head out.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remove drain valve

Re-route drain line to side of trailer for easy access and new drain valve

Strap it/pipe clamp etc as needed to support new piping

PEX, PVC, rubber garden hose.......your choice
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my tank drain valve that was only 3/8" with 3/4" PVC.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.