cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing small chair by door in class C.

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone taken that chair out. We removed the top part, but it appears the bolts are under the carpet. What did you do and how did you do it to take the chair out. Thanks guys
7 REPLIES 7

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure exactly what to do if bolts or mounting plate canโ€™t be removed. Weโ€™re going to remove our chair, but will use the bolts and plate to mount a small chest freezer! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
I wouldn't get too excited about cutting holes in the carpet to get to the bolts, you're going to have to cut a big hole to get the pedestal base out anyway.

Got it out by cutting the carpet in an x pattern from the pedestal to the bolts. You have to get under the RV as the bolts spin until you hold the nuts tight under the RV. 2 of the bolts came up the top and 2 of the bolts come out under the RV, but are so tight up against propane tank that you can't drop them out under the RV so we just cut the bolt shanks that were sticking up into the RV. Pedestal came right out. Ordered carpet tape to repair the carpet as the carpet was cut in an x pattern to allow the carpet to slide over the pedestal so the carpet will just go back down with no filling in carpet. It is definitely a 2 man job One to hold the nuts on the underside and one to unscrew the bolts inside the RV. Now just waiting for the new RecPro recliner to get here.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I had to remove the chair base when I upgraded RV with wood flooring. SB no big deal to cut an X to access the top bolt and you will likely have to go under the the RV to access the opposite side.
Kevin

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wouldn't get too excited about cutting holes in the carpet to get to the bolts, you're going to have to cut a big hole to get the pedestal base out anyway.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would use a razor knife and cut a small X over each bolt to expose it. Remove the item and then glue the cut pieces down. It will not show and probably be under the new chair and not subject to wear.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
It would be most helpful if you could provide some more background information, such as picture of this little chair, the make and model of class C, that sort of thing.

It's possible that there may be screws or bolts under the carpeting. It may also have nuts or bolts you could get to from underneath (or from a storage compartment), or several other ways of being mounted. Sometimes there are other things integral to the RV underneath the furniture; the couch in my class C, for example, is basically built on the case of an outside storage compartment, so removing it would not leave a flat floor where it was.

We have a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q. The chair I am talking about is the same little chair that seems to be in all Class C's. It is on a pedestal and the pedestal is flush with the floor. We took the chair part off the pedestal and we can feel bolts under the carpet. Looking to find a way to remove this without cutting the carpet. Someone answered that their bolts went all the way through and you have to have someone on the underneath hold the nut while the nut is removed from above. Others have said the bolts do not go through. Just curious to know if anyone has taken the chair out. I have already ordered a small RecPro recliner so it has to come out.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It would be most helpful if you could provide some more background information, such as picture of this little chair, the make and model of class C, that sort of thing.

It's possible that there may be screws or bolts under the carpeting. It may also have nuts or bolts you could get to from underneath (or from a storage compartment), or several other ways of being mounted. Sometimes there are other things integral to the RV underneath the furniture; the couch in my class C, for example, is basically built on the case of an outside storage compartment, so removing it would not leave a flat floor where it was.