cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace converter/charger with PD9245C

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
My electrical guru is out having fun and this is not clear to me. I removed the converter/charger from a Centurion 3000, leaving the fuses and circuit breakers.

I need to tie in the 12V positive output from the PD9245C, but not sure where I should tie it in??

19 REPLIES 19

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
JJRBus,

This is really a lot easier than you might expect.

I can't get my picture to post, so...
Follow the cable that goes from the left terminal of the disconnect to a Circuit breaker then on the next circuit breaker that connects to the house bank.
Connect any place along there that is convenient and safe. If the cable is protected, it will not need a fuse because the cable that is there is protected and the PD9245 has fuses in its own output.

If you put the pendant someplace you can see it, you will know what the converter is doing all the time.

Matt Colie
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer
you should be tieing back into the distribution panel, where the original charger provided power, pd converter should be the load side of the battery disconnect. at least thats how i did it, so i could disconnect the battery's and still have power, but i tied into the distribution panel directly as it was sized properly

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would wire the converter with a fuse or CB to the house battery wire. I'd also add a fuse/CB from the isolator to the chassis battery. This assumes that the existing wires are adequate for the new charger.

A 50A fuse/CB for a 45A charger might be marginal due to loads and tolerances.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I had this same issue. How did the converter power the dc side? It turned out the dc power is from the battery bank and I did not replace those wires. It seems to work! My wiring story. Twinsprings Blog
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021