cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing sofa with duel recliners

charlestown
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 coachman leprechaun 319ds. I just ordered a duel recliner to replace my sofa , is there anybody out here that has done the same thing . if so is there anything I should be aware of when installing this recliner and was the install pretty simple
9 REPLIES 9

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Granted I don't have a class c but a slide out is a slide out. I sold my uncomfortable sofa bed on Craigslist for $200. Bought a leather like dual recliner at a home furniture store for $500. Had removable backs so fit through the door. The dual recliner is extremely comfortable and fit with room to spare. Much better quality furniture for the $ than furniture made for rvs and I got to try it before I bought it.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I did that and I don't have any problem.I like it very much is electric leather recliner.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine and saved the couch. New owners wanted the couch back in for sleeping, when I sold it. It would have been a deal breaker if I had not kept the couch.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Most all recliner backs come off. It's how they ship them. Takes up less room in the container.
You want to make sure you have the wall hugger type. So when you recline the backs slide forward before they tilt back. If not then you have to scoot them out so they'll work.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I think it goes without saying that you really need to find out if it will fit thru the 'door' of the RV FIRST. I have seen many that did not.

2x!!!

On our TT, I searched and measured for weeks before finding a couch that was comfortable and fit our needs AND would fit in the door. The one we got just barely make it, and only because the back came off and the cushions squished through the door.

Will the old one fit out the door?

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I think it goes without saying that you really need to find out if it will fit thru the 'door' of the RV FIRST. I have seen many that did not.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Different motorhome, 93 Toyota Sea Breeze with a horrible layout. Little couch that is not comfortable to sit or sleep on and a dinette sized for little kids, that folds down into a bed, hardly fit for most peoples dog's. All gone.

I am putting 2 Euro type recliners with separate ottomans. It is unlikely the regular ones would fit in and are waaaaay too heavy!

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
Go over to Forest River Forums and search there. The Coachmen Units are built by Forest River. There has been a few people doing this. We did it on our Class A this last year. I had to add some to the front of the slide out so that the recliners could fully recline.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
If it's going into a slideout, make sure the entire recliner footprint will fit on the slide floor - even when fully reclined. Our slide is a full 3' deep, and our FlexSteel recliners just fit. Also, if your recliners are electric (ours are) you'll need a place to plug them in. We had to have AC strung into the slide to make that happen. Our recliners are too big to fit thru the RV's door, and came disassembled. Putting them together may be a challenge - we had pros do it.

Other than that, if they fit the space and the folks who'll sit in them, all is good.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.