cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Stove & Microwave

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
We want to ... OK ... I want to replace our existing stove/oven and microwave. What I'd like in their place is:

Cooktop with a large drawer beneath and NO oven. I have a Nuwave oven and a large convection/toaster oven.

Also, I'd like a convection/microwave ... regular home style and grade.

Can this be done? Who would have the abilities to do this? Would we have to have the dealer do it or private cabinet maker and electrician?

Just thoughts. I also want to get rid of our black counter tops in the kitchen. That's another post I guess ... ๐Ÿ™‚
9 REPLIES 9

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice cooktop Tom.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
THAT is awesome. It's what I want ... I don't know if hubby can do it or if I can hire someone to do it. But that is what I'm looking for .... pots n pan storage under a cooktop.

Wish the manufacturers would take note!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
I made these unique full extension drawers which allows for the two tall items. The two wood latches on the right side ensure that the drawers with their heavy load of cookware will not open while underway.

Bingo! I've been scratching off my remaining hair trying to think of a sliding shelf latch that is easy to install. Thanks for the inspiration!

BTW, nice job on the shelves.

Note: Moderator edit to re-size quoted picture.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I made these unique full extension drawers which allows for the two tall items. The two wood latches on the right side ensure that the drawers with their heavy load of cookware will not open while underway.

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum size.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
I replaced my Suburban cooktop with a Smeg 24" residential cooktop. I did the work myself. You would have to check with a cabinet maker if you don't have the tools or skills to do it yourself. My coach already had a convection microwave.
SNIP

I looked into doing something similar to what you did (great looking job by the way) but was told that by code I couldn't have a high BTU burner close to a wall. Supposedly because heat could come out from under a large pan and burn the wall.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my Suburban cooktop with a Smeg 24" residential cooktop. I did the work myself. You would have to check with a cabinet maker if you don't have the tools or skills to do it yourself. My coach already had a convection microwave.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

Broken_Oak
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used the Campchef? We bought and I wanted an Oven, the Passport was suppose to come with an Oven and it did not. The Campchef with just the oven and not the cook top will be cheaper than buy a TT w/the oven. Just curious. Any thoughts?
Kenny & Carmen
2013 Keystone Pass Port Ultra Lite
2010 GMC Sierra 4x4/ 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Texas Hill Country

marielw824
Explorer
Explorer
No, we won't put the microwave in a cabinet. It is vented out the side currently and we would do same with replacement. It is over the stove beneath upper cabinets. Thanks though for the suggestion.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan to get a convection microwave and put it in an enclosed cabinet, make sure you get one that is designed to be built in or get the built-in kit for it.
In convection mode they get quite hot behind the unit (200 degrees in 40 minutes with mine)and the air needs to be exhausted out the front or through the side of the RV.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad