cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SiriusXM Vehicle Tuner antenna installation

Chevytrkr
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a SiriusXM vehicle tuner for my Class A. I was able to connect the tuner to my in-dash radio with no problem, however, I am having a problem installing my antenna. They suggest mounting it on the roof and running the wire down the walls and under the dash to the radio. I really don't want to put a hole in my roof. Has anyone installed one of these in your Class A, and if so, where did you mount the antenna? Can I mount it on the windshield inside and still get good reception?

Rich
Rich & Anne
SW Louisiana

2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F
2013 Fiat 500 Pop
16 REPLIES 16

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
The radio shop that mounted my XM ran the wire out through a marker light along the front roof-line. It was easily (for some people) accessible through the front TV cabinet. The wire is exposed for about 8 inches above the top light and the antenna is fixed to the roof with silicon adhesive. It has worked well for 6 years.
With the silver full-body-paint the black wire is not noticeable. The wire could be tinted to match the RV.

oilcan
Explorer
Explorer
You should be good as long as the disc (antenna) is facing up toward the sky.
I have one in my house and it gets pretty good , but not perfect, reception through my roof
1994 Damon Ultrasport C class