cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide out divider wall

patfromnc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello y'all I'm new here and been trying to find out if I can safely remove the divider wall in my slide snout that's between the couch and table I want to replace the couch with a day bed and everyone I've found is too long but with the divider wall gone it wouldn't be a problem, I've seen plenty of super slides with no divider wall , our camper is a 1993 holiday rambler thanks
4 REPLIES 4

patfromnc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks yall i was thinking it was there for support but since i sean so many without it it got me thinking . See when we bought it the jack knife sofa was already removed and theres a love seat in its place its a sleeper but we cant use it sitting on the slideout . And i hate it anyway so want to get rid of it . Ill look and see what i can find at a camper store. Thanks again

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
I don't have a Holiday Rambler, but if the dividing wall is towards the middle of the slide I would guess it is supporting the roof of the slide. This is just a guess though. Hard to tell without seeing it.

back in the olden days I saw fairly long slideouts with no center support. many sagged in the middle and they started putting in center dividers to prevent this. I'd be wary of removing one.
bumpy

woodgeezer
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than ask us, why not contact Holiday Rambler and talk with their design engineers. Removing a supporting wall or feature could be catastrophic at worst, and really annoying at least. They may also be able to suggest a source for a daybed that will work with the current configuration.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a Holiday Rambler, but if the dividing wall is towards the middle of the slide I would guess it is supporting the roof of the slide. This is just a guess though. Hard to tell without seeing it.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory