Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1998 Aljo 21.5 footer

Grampatech
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

I just picked up my FIRST RV! She needs some TLC, but first a burning question...

Does anyone know where they put the 12V house power cut-off switch on this puppy? The landing gear works great, so I know the battery is good.

But...

The battery breaker is passing power out, but no cut-out switch anywhere they normally put them. No power whatever to the house. All converter fuses are good, and I know the fuse panel takes power from the converter or the battery. I haven't plugged it in yet---too far from the power post and I need to move it. But it should have 12V power without having to plug it in...

Any info would be appreciated. Have a LOVELY day!

Nick

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
3 REPLIES 3

happy2rv
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any specifics on this brand, but not all RV's have a battery disconnect. I had to add one on my 2018 TT.

Some use a a manual disconnect switch, others use a solenoid with a remote switch, and some like mine have no factory disconnect.

Hopefully someone with brand specific information will answer you. It would help if you post the full model of your trailer in your signature or post. I'm guessing based on the length indicated, its an M-2115.
2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I had a 24' Aljo Aly of similar vintage and it didn't have a battery cutoff switch.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Could be a circuit breaker, not far from battery, maybe on inside wall behind battery.

Jerry