cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Glamis Dunes Land Take Over

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
To all of us, Toy Hauler owners, off road riders/drivers, as far as I know, this is the first closed ohv area that got reopened.

The way it was done was unity from all types of off roaders, Bikes, atv, SxS, sand cars, all together, united we won.
Its been a good spring for Glamis riders.

watch this vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HjCR3BVZFc
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum
8 REPLIES 8

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
mustangglp wrote:

When the four wheel drive club i belonged to fought the road less plan We used the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
We have many elderly members and even one guy that is paralyzed from the wast down that drives a 69 Bronco:C all setup with hand controls
Its clear that our adversary's cares nothing about public use rights:D

I've spoken to Managing Director of CORVA, Amy Granat about that angle, she has a disability too. I think its a good point to be made because wilderness locks out 90% of the population and 100% of the disabled.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
For year the OHV coumunty has been way to nice we go to meeting by the hundreds and are elected officials ignore us. We invite everyone to use the trials that are paid for with green sticker funds.
Our adversary's went after green sticker grants and use it to close down our riding areas and filed millions of dollars worth of law suites. The forestry department just rolls over and does not fight the visitors the less work they have to do!
When the four wheel drive club i belonged to fought the road less plan We used the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
We have many elderly members and even one guy that is paralyzed from the wast down that drives a 69 Bronco:C all setup with hand controls
Its clear that our adversary's cares nothing about public use rights:D
Gary

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
sin cal sd wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
This is proof of what we can do when we:
-Are united in purpose and are willing to go the distance.
-Are willing to put our money where it needs to be.
-Are focused on THE TRUTH, real science, and the scientists willing to speak it.
-Are willing to fight the court battles, from beginning to end.

This isn't the beginning of the end, it is merely the end of the beginning. This is a template for changing the trend that has had junk science and litigious anti-access groups steamrolling lawsuits through the courts.
I hope the folks fighting these battles all over the country all take notice, take a moment to celebrate, and then put their noses to the grindstones and keep the faith.
Glamis isn't over, not by a longshot.
But we won, this battle in the never ending war, and perhaps even more importantly we can now show people that we know how to win...lets keep it up.

next Pismo
Yes! Make sure to support the "Friends of Oceano Dunes"!! Gotta keep the money flowing in to fight the battle.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
Well done, it will likely serve as a template on how to take back access to the land we have lost access to across the Country.

Yes it is and that is what we are doing. This was a collaboration of many entities including two wheelers, buggies, etc. With ASA leading the group Ecologic and CMRC were helping push it through and provide funding. As I stated in another thread we DO work together and will be moving forward on re-opening other areas closed due to junk science.

Due to our "success" in the Johnson Valley fight we are realizing the much work needs to be done at the legislative level, not the grassroots approach we have been using for years (and loosing).
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Well done, it will likely serve as a template on how to take back access to the land we have lost access to across the Country.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
Arch Stanton wrote:
-Are focused on THE TRUTH, real science, and the scientists willing to speak it.

This isn't the beginning of the end, it is merely the end of the beginning. This is a template for changing the trend that has had junk science and litigious anti-access groups steamrolling lawsuits through the courts.
I hope the folks fighting these battles all over the country all take notice, take a moment to celebrate, and then put their noses to the grindstones and keep the faith.
But we won, this battle in the never ending war, and perhaps even more importantly we can now show people that we know how to win...lets keep it up.

next Pismo
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

Arch_Stanton
Explorer
Explorer

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad cab 4x4 dually, 5.9 Cummins, 6-speed manual, Jakobs Exhaust Brake, Air Bags, trans coolers, Redline in everything.
Towing a 2014 Eclipse Attitude 32AKLG 5'er on a B&W Turnover Ball 5'er Hitch

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Yep this is a good thing and a long time coming. Glad we got a lot of it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HjCR3BVZFc
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski