cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 jayco eagle ht 28.5

timone52
Explorer
Explorer
hello all, hope I,m doing this right . I,m thinking of buying this unit and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if its a good move or not . I,m trading in my 2011 kz Durango 295cs which has treaded us good with little trouble.we also looked at the flagstaff but the Jayco looks better. not sure which way we should go. we would buy another Durango but there not offered in my area anymore. so here we are. any info would be appreciated .
2 REPLIES 2

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
timone52 wrote:
hello all, hope I,m doing this right . I,m thinking of buying this unit and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if its a good move or not . I,m trading in my 2011 kz Durango 295cs which has treaded us good with little trouble.we also looked at the flagstaff but the Jayco looks better. not sure which way we should go. we would buy another Durango but there not offered in my area anymore. so here we are. any info would be appreciated .

Tim, I spent 2 years researching my next FW and it came down to a Jayco Eagle HT and a KZ Durango 1500 (now, Half-Ton). Since we do a bit of boondocking, my biggest issue with the Jayco was it's, IMO, stupidly small black tank at 38 gal; 13 gal less than my old Komfort. In '15, when I started my search, they had nearly the same CCC, but in '16 the Jayco lost 270 lbs of CCC. In the end, we bought a KZ and, touch wood, have had very few issues. I'm glad I went KZ.

Don't be afraid to travel to get a KZ. Chances are, even if the dealer were next door, any major problems you might have are going to be on the road. Minor stuff you fix yourself, live with them until you =can= get to the dealer or find a mobile repairman.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have one but looked at them, seemed very nice.
I liked the size for the way we use one. If I were buying again would strongly consider it.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...