cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice on Eternabond on my fiver roof

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I have been working on my roof and found some holes I did not know were there. I got those repaired with Eternabond. I started working on the roof edge at the gutter line. I have been removing the old caulk that has finally started to come off.I have found a couple areas that the roof was cut short. I plan on running 6 in. Eternabond along the whole side.My question is, there is a 1/2 in. vinyl insert the whole way down covering the screws. Should I remove the vinyl insert and just cover over the screws or leave the vinyl insert in so it has a smooth surface to go over.I plan on running it down into almost the bottom of the gutter to have good adhesion.Thanks
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn
2 REPLIES 2

RLGetman
Explorer
Explorer
Agree. Also, be sure to properly clean before applying the tape. I used a wallpaper edge wheel to activate the tape. I then applied caulk on the edge. I finished with a coat of UV protect paint. All Eternabond products.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Don't remove the molding just run a bead of caulk where it joins the eternabond.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu