cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aqua-hot system with dual switch

handlinranch
Explorer
Explorer
Have read multiple articles, and posts about servicing the aquahot, but cant find much at all on actual using the electric or diesel blower. When to use diesel blower, or just use the electric switch. How much heat do you get using the electric?
12 REPLIES 12

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too am interested in this concept but for the small trailer floorplans... I think this would be a cat's meow replacing the propane furnace and very loud furnace blower system in the small TT's and POPUP trailers. The few installs I have looked at seem to maintain a good heat and does show 'SOME' savings of power when camping off the power grid. One member in this tread uses this concept for providing heat for his water tanks. This would be a great system concept for running multiple heat zones around the walls of the fifth wheels and in the bath room walls using this type of heat register

This is all based on simple mods to the on-board hot water heater using this concept...

I came up with this drawing concept for my OFF-ROAD POPUP...
... In my case i would replace the on-board propane furnace with one of these AQUAHOT heat registers with built-in thermostat controlled fan...

This is setup by a small trailer user which had great results camping off the power grid in the mountain country...

Certainly is something I am going to look into for my OFF-ROAD POPUP setup... My on-board propane furnace is way too hot for my small footprint trailer and is also very LOUD. I compare it to sitting in the rear two rolls of seats in a MD80 aircraft. Wakes us up everytime it kicks in...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
smkettner wrote:
I thought AH had two of those 1500w heat elements.

The 600D model has two elements, both are 2000W
In Low only one comes on. In High both come on.

The other models (400LP, 400D, 450D & 675D) use 1 element....1650W
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't worry about 'right/wrong' forum......

You are getting good answers here.

And the LP version is so 5TH WHEELS and trailers can have one too
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
Aqua-Hot now has an LP version of their product for 5th wheels and travel trailers. You can see it on their website.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

handlinranch
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the help. Sorry, I posted on the wrong forum.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Our Aqua Hot technician said when hooked to shore power, turn on both switches. Electric will work until diesel is needed, then diesel will kick in.

Am I missing something?

Still wondering why this thread is in the -*FIFTH WHEEL*- forum??..:h

As well as the source of diesel fuel for the Aqua Hot on a 5th wheel..:h

~

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Our Aqua Hot technician said when hooked to shore power, turn on both switches. Electric will work until diesel is needed, then diesel will kick in.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
The electric element will provide 2-4 gal. hot water...the diesel burner, endless amounts. The Aquahot also heats antifreeze for our furnace when it gets too cold for the heatpumps. It uses small amounts of diesel, maybe 3 gal. if I run the furnace all night.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
handlinranch wrote:
Have read multiple articles, and posts about servicing the aquahot, but cant find much at all on actual using the electric or diesel blower. When to use diesel blower, or just use the electric switch. How much heat do you get using the electric?

You might try your question on the Class A Motor Home forum.

*LOTS* more Class-As with Aqua Hot - than 5th wheels..;)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I seem to remember that the electric switch is 1500 watts. That is 5120 btu's.

If there are two thermostats I'd run the electric, and have the diesel set to cut in when the electric can no longer handle the load.

I don't have a system but would love to own one.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Davidlatham2012
Explorer
Explorer
Electric will be all the heat you need. Just a little longer to heat up than using the Diesel. Use the electric when shore-power is available and diesel when it is not.