cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunk Mattresses - Cedar Creek

SLE
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we recently purchased a 2008 Cedar Creek Silverback 35L4QB. Bought it at what seemed to be a bargain price knowing full well it was going to need a little TLC. The outside is a 9 out of 10 however the interior was disgusting. After giving the coach a serious cleaning and fixing a bunch of very minor items we have decided that we would like to replace the three Bunk mattresses. Does anybody have any advise on some reasonable priced alternatives? The mattress spaces measure 32"x73" (these are what my wife measured this morning, I don't know if I believe her, I was thinking they were 35" x75.)
6 REPLIES 6

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
SLE wrote:
Actually my wife has said that if they are difficult to find or expensive she would simply get some regular and memory foam from the local craft store and upholster here own. I just thought maybe I could find something reasonably decent and save a bunch of work.

Look at http://www.foambymail.com/. It was FAR cheaper and better foam than the craft stores. We bought 3 foam mattresses from them as well as new seat cushions for my dinette from them.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

SLE
Explorer
Explorer
we have two slides in the bunk room, one goes either direction. the one slide has two bunks (the same size), while the other has a bunk on top and couch on the bottom. The bunk on top is the same size as the other two. I'm going to re-measure tonight but the best option may be just making our own.

SLE
Explorer
Explorer
Actually my wife has said that if they are difficult to find or expensive she would simply get some regular and memory foam from the local craft store and upholster here own. I just thought maybe I could find something reasonably decent and save a bunch of work.

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
If your bunks are like mine they are all the same size. Where they meet in the corner is a smaller rectangle that accomodates the corner offset.
Jim
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel

BublHead
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought about memory foam? You should be abe to get two beds with one King size, they are typically 79" long X 75" wide. Twin measurements are typically 79" l X 38" W. Memory foam cuts real easy with an electric carving knife. Good luck and happy camping.
2017 Silverado 3500HD LTZ Duramax DRW 4X4
2019 Solitude 375RES

TTN/LTR
Wife, two girls, and.........Me
QMCS(SS) USN, Ret.
Lower all mast and antennas.
If you don't care where you are, you are not lost!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they really are odd sizes, then Your best choices are finding a local mattress manufacturer who can make to your size. I know there are a couple locally who do this.