cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying used 2011 Cameo - Need input

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the market for a new to me used 5th wheel. Currently I'm considering several different floorplans for the 2011 model year. I have not owned a Cameo but have been in a few and build quality looks good. I'm looking for some input on the brand and pro's and con's on buting a used Cameo. I'm coming out of a 2000 Alpenlite which got damaged in our recent hurricane so that's my baseline for good build quality.

Thanks,
Bill
9 REPLIES 9

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new 2011 Cameo 31KSLS and traded it for a 2014 Lifestyle which was a new company started with the remnants of Carriage, most its employees, and most of their designs.
It's going on 5 years old and it has been a great rig. They have great frames and good build quality as well as hung sidewalls instead of laminated.
Check it over good like you would anything used.
Good luck.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

covenantbro
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2010 Cameo 36FWS. We haven’t had any problems, exact a major one, unfortunately, due to my negligence. We purchased our Cameo in 2014. No regrets.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2011.. purchased it new. Dealer ordered it new with all options, including full body paint. It’s still a beautiful trailer. Also a ksls model. I would go for a used unit.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 36FWS that I'm very happy with.

Go here for a bunch of good advice from some very smart people:

http://carriage-lifestyle-owners.com/index.php
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply CMSM. The units we've researched so far do not seem to have the double pane windows. I assume, given where you live, the heater works well!

cmsm
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Cameo 31KSLS. We bought it new and it has been essentially problem free. We wanted the carriage frame. The Bigfoot leveling system was a bonus but now it would be a requirement if we had to buy another trailer.
Our unit has Hehr dual pane windows and they have been the problem area in the trailer. We have had several of our windows fog.
If we had to replace this unit, we would definitely try to find another Cameo.

BeeTee
Explorer
Explorer
Fred, sent you a PM.

Bill

banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2011 Carriage Cameo in 2011, mainly because of the frame and Big Foot levelers.

Have not had any problems with it. Added disk brakes and a water softener. There is a Carriage Group but i have had no reason to go there. PM me if more info is needed..

Fred
Banjo
2011 3500 DRW D/A CC LB 4X4
2011 Cameo 34SB3

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry about the Alpenlite. Saw an Alpenlite on the FB page of that generation for sale. Worth the drive to pick it up from the west coast. Like the Cameos but like the 2000 to 2005 Alpenlite better. My 2007 34RLR has a great flooplan. The Lippert frame, with mods, has stood up to about 100,000 miles & 1500 nights use.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995