cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cedar Creek 34RL

Gary_O
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I went and looked at a 2015 Cedar Creek 34RL today. It looks like a solid built unit. Anyone give me any feedback on this model pro's and con's and how"s Cedar Creek customer service and warranty work?
10 REPLIES 10

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
They look like a bargain in their price range. A lot of features for the $$$ My only concern is the gel coated end caps vs painted. The gel coated caps will fade and look terrible in 3-4 years.

B.O.

Hummmmmm? I must be doing something wrong, mine is 10 years old and still looks good.
It's the new new gold colored ones that are fading. There's one in the RV park I'm in right now. What a shame as it really makes it look a lot older than it is.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

MC9
Explorer
Explorer
Talk them out of it. If they sell to many all the free repairs and stuff might start going away.....

Gary_O
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments,we are still undecided.

SandSOrrell
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2013 model (RLSA) of your floor plan. I will ditto all the good comments made above. The only thing I wish was different was that the recliners were across from the TV rather than the way it is. Of course if that is what we wanted, we could have bought the CKTS (slightly larger and a bit more expensive) but basically almost identical floor plan. But that is (for us) a very minor point. IMO Cedar Creek is one of the best on the road at their price point.

Skip
Skip and Susan
2013 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA
2013 Chevy Crew Cab 3500 D/A DRW 4X4

USAF, Ret (63-83)
Vietnam (off and on 65-75)

mydazeoff
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2014 34RLSA last spring and have enjoyed it over the last year. No major problem with the rig. I do think they are a well built product.
mydazeoff
Annapolis, MD
Cedar Creek RLSA34, GMC3500HD Duramax

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
B.O. Plenty wrote:
They look like a bargain in their price range. A lot of features for the $$$ My only concern is the gel coated end caps vs painted. The gel coated caps will fade and look terrible in 3-4 years.

B.O.

Hummmmmm? I must be doing something wrong, mine is 10 years old and still looks good.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 34rlsa and customer service has been great
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

CGXterra
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the service after the sale. We were fortunate to have bought ours from a fantastic dealer in Va. but subsequently moved to California. Our warranty ran out in Feb and of course that's when the black tank decided to leak and ruin all of the insulation underneath. Got the leak fixed and will be getting new insulation, FR warranty said send them the bill and they'll cover it...2 months AFTER the warranty. They've been great.

Quality, there are some short cuts that we've noticed. A piece of trim might fall off here or there during a trip, the front cap is fading on the top, but we're in SoCal...LOTS of sun. I suppose it still shouldn't be fading, but overall, we love it and will probably be keeping it for a while.
Ed & Jess - Suffolk, Va
2014 Cedar Creek 36' CKTS
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Customer service is second to none. CC builds a good RV for the money. My 10 year old CC has never had what I would consider a mfg defect, and in fact has only had a couple of issues that I have had to address this past year. I can still call and get quick response to my questions or orders.