cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coleman Air not working.

Round_Topper
Explorer
Explorer
My '03 Jayco Designer Legacy has a Coleman Mach air conditioner in the front location. Manual control, no thermostat. It worked fine on Monday, no issues. When I attempted to turn it on yesterday, it was completely dead, no fan, nothing. I checked the breaker and the pedestal, no problems. I dropped the inside shroud and measured 98 volts at the connection. I then went to an outlet and measured 120 volts. What am I missing? Even if there is only 98 volts at the unit, shouldn't the blower at least operate?
Thanks,
RTer
7 REPLIES 7

Round_Topper
Explorer
Explorer
After further troubleshooting, I have determined that the neutral wire is open between the circuit breaker and the air conditioner. It looks like it is next to impossible to fish a wire from the basement to the ceiling in one of these campers. Does anyone have any experience trying to do this?

Round_Topper
Explorer
Explorer
It is dead quiet. I will try to get to the back of the electric panel and measure the voltage at the breaker.
RTer

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Dead quiet or do you hear the hum when you turn the switch?
Kevin

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
midnightsadie wrote:
question with power off measure volts at the ac connection,if thats 98? whered you loose 22volts? don,t think you have enough volts to turn on the unit.

x2! Find out where that juice is going!

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
question with power off measure volts at the ac connection,if thats 98? whered you loose 22volts? don,t think you have enough volts to turn on the unit.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
With that low voltage may need a hard start kit.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Does the fan turn? Couple of years ago I discovered my fan locked. Spun it by hand a few times and some wd40 and it has worked fine since.