Explorer III
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RLS

Before
29 REPLIES 29

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
Nice pictures! I'm wondering however if it is necessary to lift both sides off the ground at the same time? Would it be feasible to lift one side while keeping the other side on the ground?

No not 100 percent necessary, but lifting one side can put stress on the opposite LG.

I just find it easier to get it up level and solid before starting work.

This is the picture I didn't include.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
That certainly made the difference for a level ride. Good job.

My 2015 trailer came with the CorrectTrack already installed but my tires were rubbing slightly on the underside of my unit so I used the same company to gain 1 inch. In my case the street side is both heavier (when weighed) and sits slightly lower on the street side which has the large kitchen slide, so I added a 1 1/2" block on that side and a 1" block on the curb side and it worked perfectly.

As far as installation, I had all 4 of my tires off anyway since I did this at the same time as converting to disc brakes.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
Nice pictures! I'm wondering however if it is necessary to lift both sides off the ground at the same time? Would it be feasible to lift one side while keeping the other side on the ground?

That is the way I did it. See my posts in this thread.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

minnow
Explorer
Explorer

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here are some pictures of my install, cribbing just behind the back axle and landing Gear supplemented with heavy duty jack stands.

I also put all the bronze bushings in a small cooler bag with couple pounds of dry ice, in the freezer overnight made putting them in much easier.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
garyp4951 wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
Did you have the blocks made or from some other source?

http://www.trailerblocks.com/
This company is in Canada, and the quality is outstanding.

Did you do the work yourself? If so can you provide a step-by-step? Did you do just one side of one axle at a time? I may need to do this to mine as well as I've got a new truck on order and it's going to be taller than what my setup is now. Thanks!

I put jack stands, and wood cribbing in front, and behind the wheels on both sides, raising each side a little at a time. The wheels were still barely touching the ground, and I used a floor jack, and 2 more small jack stands to remove the tires, and support the axles. Then did one side at a time before installing any tires. I see now why they charge $500 plus to install this kit.

I agree that some lateral cross members would add strength, and will probably do this. I had Duravis 250's on my last 5er, and my next upgrade will be tires, and maybe wheels. I have not weighed yet, but in the 9K range gross. My last Silverback was 11500k, and this tows much better with an 03 Ram 2500 CCC.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
N-Trouble wrote:
bpounds wrote:
justafordguy wrote:
Looks much more level, great job.

PS, do yourself a favor and replace those tires ASAP. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know that is the canned answer here on RV.Net.

But the OP has a 2013 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RLS. I don't think he is anywhere close to his tire capacity rating.

Shouldn't be a deciding factor to replace those crappy ST China Bombs. I have seen them randomly blow on even much lighter trailers.

Or even on the spare mount, never having ever touched the ground. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
justafordguy wrote:

But the OP has a 2013 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5 RLS. I don't think he is anywhere close to his tire capacity rating.

Shouldn't be a deciding factor to replace those crappy ST China Bombs. I have seen them randomly blow on even much lighter trailers.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
justafordguy wrote:

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Garyl53 wrote:
I would definately add these (or equivalent):
http://www.morryde.com/products/108-performance-crossmembers-by-morryde

I didn't, wish I had, having bent spring hangers fixed next week plus added bracing.

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer

2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

Garyl53
Explorer
Explorer
I would definately add these (or equivalent):

I didn't, wish I had, having bent spring hangers fixed next week plus added bracing.
Garyl53
Just me, wife and 2 small dogs
2011 F250 CCSB 6.7L PSD SRW 4x4 Camper/Plow/FX packages: Andersen Hitch, AirLift 5000 Bags, Bilstein 5100s
2017 Redwood 36RL

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
might want to look at adding cross bracing between the hangars to stiffen it up a bit.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I don't like the LCI Correct Track setup.
Shorter shackles would definitely help with the flex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg

I'd rather add a 2" sub frame.