cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cost of PacBrake install??

jarbra15
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay to have a PacBrake PRXB installed?
Brad & Carol
2001 Dodge 2500,Quad Cab, LB,5.9CTD,Auto,3.54
2004 Cedar Creek Silverback LRLFS
15K Lil Rocker hitch
Tekonsha-Prodigy Brake Controller
6 REPLIES 6

dfb
Explorer
Explorer
1500 parts and labor.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I installed mine myself on my 2007 Ram 2500 5.9 automatic. I had access to a lift and it took about 6 hours. I am not a mechanic but am somewhat handy with tools. I sure did enjoy the PacBrake and the bonus of on-board for my air bags!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Labor was $297.50 June of last year. Turbo mount on 2004 1/2 Ram with 4" exhaust. Included compressor and air tank install. Took 3 1/2 hours. Glad I spent the money.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
gkainz wrote:
on my '97, also had to upgrade the exhaust valve springs to 60# springs... I chose to upgrade both exhaust and intake springs, to balance the valve train ... at least in my mind. Did them myself so no idea what that would/will add to the cost.

yeah, like noted above, you probably need a controller to keep the TC locked. When I was shopping, there was ATS and TS Performance for automatic controllers. There's a number of articles online for making a manual switch.

The only part i paid for was welding the brake into the exhaust, as I no longer have access to a welder.

24 Valves don't require the valve spring upgrade. I installed my own in the driveway in an afternoon. You don't mention if your PRXB is turbo mounted or in the exhaust pipe. Mine was turbo mounted, a good shop should beable to do in about less than 5 hours.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
on my '97, also had to upgrade the exhaust valve springs to 60# springs... I chose to upgrade both exhaust and intake springs, to balance the valve train ... at least in my mind. Did them myself so no idea what that would/will add to the cost.

yeah, like noted above, you probably need a controller to keep the TC locked. When I was shopping, there was ATS and TS Performance for automatic controllers. There's a number of articles online for making a manual switch.

The only part i paid for was welding the brake into the exhaust, as I no longer have access to a welder.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know but it will partly depend on what system you use to keep the torque converter locked when the brake is in operation.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS