cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cyclone 4100 main ac unit

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Camping for the week and I'm noticing the ac is not kicking off. But instead it seems like the compressor turns off and the fan keeps blowing after a 5 sec delay. The. A few minutes later the compressor kicks back on. Usually when we wake up in the morning when it hits desired temp the whole system shuts down until it heats up again. Is this normal and I just never noticed it? Also once or twice a day it sounds like something is shooting out the ac down the vent lines. Almost like you threw some beads down a metal tube. I'm guessing it might ice or something breaking off from the ac. Anyone else have this? Our previous jayco never did this. Thanks
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King
7 REPLIES 7

twotoes
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Cyclone 4014. The a/c must be set to auto. If you are set on hi or low it won't work correctly. There is a lot of discussion on the Heartland Owners Forum regarding this issue.

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
I think selecting cool or heat it turns to auto. The fan selection just for how fast it blows.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
When I go to fan speeds it doesn't have auto. Just hi and low
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

dehaile
Explorer
Explorer
If you are setting on low or hi then it will never turn off. Set it to auto!

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's on automatic. I always just put it on low or hi the turn it on cool.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
our ac acts in a similar manner

I believe its when the fan is set to manual; it 'seems' to run at a higher speed when the pump is on then drop in speed when the pump is off. But there is a short delay between the fan speed changes.

I also didn't notice it until the last trip this year
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Is your fan set to Auto on the thermostat?
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King