cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cyclone Owners

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up our 4100 King yesterday. One question: The dealership told us that the TV cannot be played through the surround speakers, only the DVD player. Seems like such a waste and not well thought through to not have that capability. Does anyone know a work around or a different setting to get it working?
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King
10 REPLIES 10

micahmiles
Explorer
Explorer
My voltage 3950 with 12 foot garage is 144" exactly. My canam maverick max is a tight fit, but it fits.

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
When I was shopping for a toy hauler I found that none of them, regardless of brand, were actually a full 12'.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
on a side note, just went outside to get cargo measurements and the cargo area for the 4100 is only 11ft long! A whole foot shorter than advertised! How does a manufacturer mess up like that? this doesnt really effect us right now since our Ranger will fit, but in the next year or so when we get a 4 seater to carry all the little ones this will become an issue. Didnt get a toy hauler to have to pull doubles. I was worried about the height of the vehicles, but it never occurred to me to check the freaking length!
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere wrote:
rayford118 wrote:
yeah it would not be difficult to get the wires needed to run it from the tv to the receiver, but what makes it difficult for the 4100s is the fact that Heartland put the receiver in the island instead of below the tv. i looked yesterday and i didnt see a way to run the wires......at least not without ripping some walls apart. no access panels that i can find. Another question, if i connect the cyclone to satelite or cable does that run through the receiver first or the tv? I can probably live with it if only the reg tv doesnt use the surround sound.

If the receiver is sending a video signal to the TV, there has to be a wire run for that. You should be able to use that wire as a pull back to pull a new 3 way RCA wire through to the TV. If you poke around a little bit, you will find that access to the wiring isn't all that difficult in these trailers. The outfitters cut huge holes to run wires and they are usually covered by easily removed panels or false walls. The shotty craftsmanship on these things still amazes me. Places where it would take seconds to use a hole saw, they just use a rotozip or sawzall and rip oddly shaped holes to run the wiring. The RV industry as a whole needs an overhaul of their workforce!

I know there would be some wires connecting the dvd and tv, but the run is too long to just simply pull a new one through. I havent crawled up under the camper yet but as far as in the living room area i cannot find any access panels.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
rayford118 wrote:
yeah it would not be difficult to get the wires needed to run it from the tv to the receiver, but what makes it difficult for the 4100s is the fact that Heartland put the receiver in the island instead of below the tv. i looked yesterday and i didnt see a way to run the wires......at least not without ripping some walls apart. no access panels that i can find. Another question, if i connect the cyclone to satelite or cable does that run through the receiver first or the tv? I can probably live with it if only the reg tv doesnt use the surround sound.

If the receiver is sending a video signal to the TV, there has to be a wire run for that. You should be able to use that wire as a pull back to pull a new 3 way RCA wire through to the TV. If you poke around a little bit, you will find that access to the wiring isn't all that difficult in these trailers. The outfitters cut huge holes to run wires and they are usually covered by easily removed panels or false walls. The shotty craftsmanship on these things still amazes me. Places where it would take seconds to use a hole saw, they just use a rotozip or sawzall and rip oddly shaped holes to run the wiring. The RV industry as a whole needs an overhaul of their workforce!
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm...I need to take a look at my setup.
If the TV has RCA outs for the speakers, then this cable will allow you to connect to the minijack-in on the receiver...just a simple RCA-to-minijack cord:

'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

taken
Explorer
Explorer
From the factory, this is correct. The DVD player (radio head unit) doubles as the receiver so it automatically outputs through the speakers. The tv is at the end of the line so it can't send signal back through the receiver unless you set it up yourself that way. You would have to connect the audio outputs on the tv to the aux inputs on the receiver. Not difficult if you know what your doing but hard for me to explain on the interwebber.....
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not real familiar with how the Cyclones are setup, but it sounds like it may be similar to my Fuzion. We were in the same boat and my quick fix was to get a headphone jack to RCA adapter. Keystone had run a 3 wire A/V cable from the stereo/DVD player to the TV just to get the video signal there but they weren't using the sound wires. I plugged them into the AUX input on the back of the stereo and plugged the other end into the TV via my headphone adapter. Now the sound from the TV plays through the stereo just fine.

Worst case, if they didn't run the extra wires already, you could probably tape a 3 way wire to the existing video wire and pull it back through to make it work.
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you find an answer, mine works the same way.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually