cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

flat

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
good thing for dual tires.Had a flat on the outside made it home pulling the fifthwheel. 40 mile an hour all the way. All new tires coming wed
10 REPLIES 10

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
:W It was "Home or Bust."

lkbenson
Explorer
Explorer
I was referring to the tv having a flat. My dually fenders are fiberglass and would hate to tear one up because I wouldn't change out a flat tire. I know it is a pita but so is replacing a fender on the truck.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW with B&W hitch
2013 Mountaineer 295RKD

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
lkbenson wrote:
Why didn't you put on your spare?
I think he's talking about the TV. And I wonder how old those tires were.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

lkbenson
Explorer
Explorer
Why didn't you put on your spare? There is no way I would knowingly drive forty miles with a flat tire.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW with B&W hitch
2013 Mountaineer 295RKD

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
With the other half of the dually being way over its rating, I'm really surprised it didn't blow.....even at 40mph. Glad you made it home ok.

Ron

How do you know it was over rating?????
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

mayorna
Explorer
Explorer
For a couple bucks a month I added road side assistance to my insurance policy with state farm, first time I pulled off my rear tires I had to use a 2x4x8 to get the outer off and a 3 pound sledge hammer to get the inner off.
U.S.A.F. Retired
2008 F450 LARIAT 4X4 (JOB 3 BUILD) Gear Vendors overdrive
2010 DRV Elite Suite 38RLSB3/4

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
Jim and Barb wrote:
Well you are a very lucky Person. There is a very high risk of fire or tire loss when towing with a flat or even low tire pressure. Happy to hear your home safe.

X2. Didn't mean to mislead you with my previous comment. Even if there is no fire, a tire coming apart can do some real damage.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the other half of the dually being way over its rating, I'm really surprised it didn't blow.....even at 40mph. Glad you made it home ok.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Jim_and_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Well you are a very lucky Person. There is a very high risk of fire or tire loss when towing with a flat or even low tire pressure. Happy to hear your home safe.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
Just put new rear brakes on my dually. Don't know how I would have gotten those wheels off on the road.
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.