cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

G-rated 235/85/16 Hartland (all steel) Trailer Tire

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
I get the impression the Hartland "all steel" 235/85/16 tire sold by Discount (America's) Tire is a rebranded Gladiator QR35 (part #1942273865, not part #1933273865). Note the pic I took of a Hartland tire at a local Discount Tire today vs. a pic of the QR35 Gladiator from onlinetires.com.

Haven't heard much good or bad about the Hartland brand. As far as I know, the Gladiator QR35 has a good reputation here on rv.net. If it is indeed a rebranded Gladiator QR35 then that bodes well for the Hartland.

The 235/85/16 Hartland (all steel) appears to have a load rating of (129) 4080 lbs. at 110 PSI, a speed rating of (M) 81 MPH, and weighs approx. 60 lbs.

Local Discount Tire was more than willing to match or beat the best online pricing (with shipping), out-the-door, I could find on similar all-steel 235/85/16 trailer tires like the Gladiator QR35 and Sailun S637. Not sure if the salesperson did it mistakenly, but he also offered a road hazard warranty for the Hartlands as part of his quote. Cost slightly more than $100 for 4 tires.

When you factor in the considerable number of Discount (America's) Tire dealers throughout the country (a good thing in the event of a warranty/road hazard issue while on the road), the Hartland tire may warrant a second look for some.

BTW, simpletire.com was offering $40 off a set of 4 S637 Sailun tires today. A set of 4 was approx. $550-$575 shipped. FWIW, the salesperson I spoke to at Simpletire said if I placed an order, he was willing to call the warehouse and confirm the DOT date stamps with me prior to charging my card.
10 REPLIES 10

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have no experience with the Hartland tire (although the specs sound good) but I do know the Sailun s637. They are great tires and that simpletire.com price is a good price. I paid $800 for mine mounted and balanced through my local tire store.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pulled the trigger and purchased 4 Hartland, all-steel, 235/85/16, G-rated tires from Discount Tire yesterday. The out-the-door mounted/balanced negotiated price (low!), the "N" (87 MPH) speed rating, very recent DOT code, and the convenience/benefits of purchasing from Discount Tire, all swayed me to go with the Hartlands.

Spent yesterday jacking up one axle at a time, installing two tires at a time. Wow, hard not to notice the difference in weight between an E-rated and G-rated tire (more than 20 lbs.).

Anyhow, brand-war debates aside, I don't think you can go wrong using any G-rated "all-steel" trailer tire. Regardless of manufacturer, IMO they all reduce your chance of a tire failure vs. using any E-rated trailer tire.

SlickWillie
Explorer
Explorer
The Hartlands will be our next tires. I've meant to have already replaced them, but our situation has changed.

IIRC, the road hazard is included in the price at Discount Tire. I found out when I purchased Nitto Dura Grapplers for the truck recently. And they will definitely match prices.
Will
2013 Chevy CC D/A 3500 4X4
2012 Rushmore 38CK

cimac
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I will find out how good they are. Lost the rubber from a Goodyear G-614 and the only tires I could find on the road were the Heartlands at Discount Tire. Only have about 1500 miles on them so far. Time will tell.
2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Generally speaking, tire failures while using "all steel" G-rated trailer tires (of any brand) seem rare. Seems like the vast majority of tire failures on 5th wheels are while using E-rated trailer tires (of all brands).

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:

I wasn't aware Michelin made a ST or LT235/85-16 G at 3750 lbs or 4080 lbs at 110 psi. Is the Michelin a new tire ??

These tires in question are a commercial grade all steel ply carcass tire.

Goodyear does,G-614 made in USA.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
That appears to be a good tire. I don't have much experience with it though. My vote would be for the well tested brands of Sailun (you probably need to order them) and Maxxis.

Michelin is great, of course, but at 100% more than Sailun or Maxxis with what appears (IMHO) to be the same results, I'll buy the others all day long.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
michlin and they won,t go BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!you get what you pay for. I hate blow outs.

:h
I wasn't aware Michelin made a ST or LT235/85-16 G at 3750 lbs or 4080 lbs at 110 psi. Is the Michelin a new tire ??

These tires in question are a commercial grade all steel ply carcass tire.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Brewurown
Explorer
Explorer
I have Sailuns on now for 3 three years, made many trips to Florida, never had the first problem. Many others are using them and I have yet to see the first complaint.
Al
2011 Berkshire 360FWS
2010 Montana Mountaineer 335 RET
Hickory Foothills Good Sam Chapter member

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
michlin and they won,t go BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!you get what you pay for. I hate blow outs.