cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Design Reflection

96Tony
Explorer
Explorer
One of the fivers we're considering is a newer company called Grand Design. Supposedly, some ex-Montana people started the company up a couple years ago.

Sales people say they can't keep them in stock.
Two models under consideration are the 337RLS and the 303RLS.

Anybody have experience with this company, or with these models?

As always, thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the rims. Our LT tires were only 3 yrs old. I will probably try to find rims like the OEM when we replace tires. We got our rims from Tredit. Tires are 200 to 300 each. We'll keep an older one for our spare so we'll only need four.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
2hams wrote:
I believe that all the units now coming off the line have the mod. I would suggest you either ask your dealer or on the tech section on the Grand design owners forum. For the latter, GD should answer in one business day.

Just got a response back from Grand Design northeast rep. He said they put on the longer leaf spring hangers which give you the same ground clearance you would get with the 16 inch aluminum rim. Essentially with Grand Design 293 RES,303 RLS, and 323 BHS, you will get the same ground clearance and load capacity as a 16 inch aluminum rim for less money. How ever since we offer the longer leaf spring hangers you can upgrade at any time to 16 inch aluminum rims. If you purchase them from us we will not install them at the factory and the charge for the tire and rim set will be approximately $1100.00.
My current tires on my tt are going in the 3rd year of use so if I decided on 16 inch tires I would do some checking around on prices. Plus I probably would want the Grand Design rims on my new 5th wheel!

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that all the units now coming off the line have the mod. I would suggest you either ask your dealer or on the tech section on the Grand design owners forum. For the latter, GD should answer in one business day.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 303RLS on order. The factory is quite approachable and has been very forth coming when it comes to answering questions. Owners on the GD forum indicate that doesn't end once you have taken delivery so that is reassuring. Factory reps are frequent posters on the forum.

One issue I do have is their reluctance to make any changes at the factory. Our model has two options, free standing dinette and thermopane windows. Dealers here order them as matter of course. If you want fantastic fans etc, you have to go through the trouble of removing the old vents, installing the new, re sealing the roof and having parts left over. I guess they figure these are production efficiencies they need to maintain a price point but can be quite inconvenient for a new owner.

I will also be removing the 16's from my present rig and putting them on the GD. I'm just not comfortable with running smaller wheels on a unit that is 2K heavier, even if the 15's are rated to carry the weight.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
2hams wrote:
We did tire research, mostly on this forum. We changed our previous trailer to 16" LT tires. We are more comfortable with the higher max speed rating. We contacted Grand Design and worked with Micah Staley, Reflection general manager, to get the mod to allow 16" wheels. Our dealer seemed to have issues finding rims and tires so we just swapped ours from our trade in. We also kept our residential mattress.

Thanks for the info I might have to make a phone call to Micah on Monday. Do you remember the mod they had to do to the unit?

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We did tire research, mostly on this forum. We changed our previous trailer to 16" LT tires. We are more comfortable with the higher max speed rating. We contacted Grand Design and worked with Micah Staley, Reflection general manager, to get the mod to allow 16" wheels. Our dealer seemed to have issues finding rims and tires so we just swapped ours from our trade in. We also kept our residential mattress.

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
2hams wrote:
We love our Reflection 303 RLS. We changed to 16" wheels and LT tires from our previous rig. We have spent about 6 weeks (5 at once) on the road, and about 2000 miles. We had a slide adjusted today, but no other warranty work. Tows great with our 2500. You can get more info on the grand design owners.com forum.

I have been looking into the 303. Did you just have to buy tires and rims to go to the 16 inch? The company told me they install larger springs on the 303 so it sits like it has 16 inch tires.. Was there anything you didn't like with the 15 inch tires since they are E rated?
Might be ordering one tommorow.

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Reflection 303 RLS. We changed to 16" wheels and LT tires from our previous rig. We have spent about 6 weeks (5 at once) on the road, and about 2000 miles. We had a slide adjusted today, but no other warranty work. Tows great with our 2500. You can get more info on the grand design owners.com forum.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
You might find this interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIe-RAurq4

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my 369RL for over a year. We are in it right now, on the coast. Two weeks ago we got back from our 4300 mile road trip. Couldn't be happier with it..

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like ours. As with any purchase, the dealer is the key. Grand Design has good people in charge of customer service at their facility.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 friends with Grand designs Solitudes they are pretty 5th's and the Company stands behind their product, they have had little issues go wrong nothing major just like any other brand and they are doing nothing revolutionary in construction or anything but after RVing with my buddies Grand Designs for the last 1 1/2 years and I know them very well I would recommend them to Anybody
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Morning. Of you enter Grand Design in the search field above there are 11 pages of discussion about them. Happy surfing!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us